Ride Report Seattle to Copper Canyon Mexico

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
Inspiration: (în´spe-râ´shen) noun

1. a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high levels of feeling or activity. b. The condition of being so stimulated.

2. Something, such as a an idea, that is inspires action.

3. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.

4. The road from Creel to Batopilas.

Batopilas-road-helicopter.jpg

The FJR Forum as a lot of riders with a variety of interest. I thought some of you might enjoy my trip report to Copper Canyon in September 2007.

Outstanding Ride Report and Fantastic Photographs, Thank You Very Much and I do love reading about Mexico motorcycle adventures. Ironically, you were in Barrancas del Cobre just weeks apart from my BMW Club AZ Beemers also being there.

After two nights in Batopilas we spent our last night at the Hotel Divisadero up on the rim. I am a railroad nut, so I took many pictures of "El Chepe": The daily Mexican trains between Chihuahua and Topolobampo. Viva Mexico, Viva! ¡Amo las motocicletas del montar a caballo en México!

MotoUtahandMexico2007038.jpg

We also stayed at the Hotel next to Basaseachic Falls and it was 500 pesos a night for us too, this is a fair rate for that location and I speak Spanish well. That is only $39!

MotoUtahandMexico2007012.jpg

Brother Fontanaman, since you are a Seasoned Mexico Ride Veteran: Por favor consider yourself cordially invited to Papa Chuy Viejo's 65th Birthday Bash being held at Playa El Coyote in Mulege, Baja California Sur, Mexico on October 28, 2013.

This MEX ride is "by invitation only", no Candy Butters Allowed! Old Michael, RenoJohn, Niehart and other Manly Men are already on the "List of Macho Moto Hombres"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaS0rzCsT2U&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Worldbound4now thank you for your comment about my background. I choose to leave it as it is.

Beemberdons thank you very much for the gracious offer. You do ride in good company. I first ran into Renojohn's writings and adventures on the Vstrom forum. We have never met. I always held him in high regard for I figured I could learn something from him. After riding for 40+ years that is a truly a complement of the highest order.

Unfortunately I am still a working stiff so I will have to decline. I have two weeks this year for a motorcylce ride I call the Tour De California on the Feejer.

At 56 I have 6 years to go before I can retired. Not enough income, a divorce, stupid choices and the housing bust have seen to that. Lately things are improving but I still need to work 6 more years to get the retirement money burn down spreadsheet to work in my favor. RATs!

We will meet at NAFO. Looking forward to that.

Worldbound4now thank you for your comment about my background. I choose to leave it as it is.

Beemerdons thank you very much for the gracious offer. You do ride in good company. I first ran into Renojohn's writings and adventures on the Vstrom forum. We have never met. I always held him in high regard for I figured I could learn something from him. After riding for 40+ years that is a truly a complement of the highest order.

Unfortunately I am still a working stiff so I will have to decline. I have two weeks this year for a motorcylce ride I call the Tour De California on the Feejer.

At 56 I have 6 years to go before I can retired. Not enough income, a divorce, stupid choices and the housing bust have seen to that. Lately things are improving but I still need to work 6 more years to get the retirement money burn down spreadsheet to work in my favor. RATs!

We will meet at NAFO. Looking forward to that.
Likewise Fontanaman, I will see you in Castlegar, BC for NAFO / CFR. Just remember, I will ride into Mexico at the drop of a Sombrero! Even if you only have a few days, there is a very nice three day ride to Baja California Norte that I can show you! It is a favorite jaunt of AZ Beemers/FJR Forum: Tecate-San Felipe-Ensenada-Mexicali!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=144482&pid=948222&st=0entry948222 Here is a link to this two night trip, a night each in Ensenada and San Felipe! Cross into Mexico 30 miles East of San Diego and cross back 230 miles East of Ciudad del Tijuana.

Beemerdon's I would really enjoy riding with you in Mexico. I still don't know a lick Spanish - silly me.

For me it is a 3 day ride to the boarder from Seattle, then a 3 day ride back. That in a nuts shell is the problem when I only get 4 weeks per year. The good ole USA not a generous with vacation time like other places. According to Will Durst, political comedian, Americans would eat there ankles off if Oprah told them their veins contained liquid gold!

I noticed you are taking the Inside Passage on the BC Ferries. Not to many folks know about that or consider doing it. Sure is &$# damn expensive. Where is the ferry subsidy in BC?

I wish you calm seas.

You folks in BC ought to feel good about yourselves. Things seem to be going relatively well up there. Conversely down her in the good ole USA, politically speaking, things are really fuked up. The national debt is sky rocketing, and we can't even agree to stop subsidizing big oil.

Will Durst my favorite political comedian quips, American's want tax cuts! And they also want drive up nickel beer night. American people want to loose weight by eating ice cream. American people would cut off their ankles if Oprah told them they had liquid gold in their veins.

And so it goes.

You folks in BC ought to feel good about yourselves. Things seem to be going relatively well up there. Conversely down her in the good ole USA, politically speaking, things are really fuked up. The national debt is sky rocketing, and we can't even agree to stop subsidizing big oil.

Will Durst my favorite political comedian quips, American's want tax cuts! And they also want drive up nickel beer night. American people want to loose weight by eating ice cream. American people would cut off their ankles if Oprah told them they had liquid gold in their veins.

And so it goes.
Mr. Fontana life is not that bad (up here anyway). I'll buy you a beer at NAFO.

Al