#1 Geno

Geno

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm now holed up in a hotel near Redding, CA, going to pull the trigger on a leather Rick Mayer saddle on Thursday morning. Might ride the infamous Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Ferndale, just to try 'er out. :yahoo:
'15 Aprilia Caponord

#2 TomInCA

TomInCA

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Bike: 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Take a left out of his driveway in the morning and take Gas Point Road to Platina Road (Co Rd A18). Take that south (left) to 36, you won't be sorry. One of the most epic motorcycle roads in California, but much less known. Enjoy the new seat...and don't forget the camera :clapping:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

beestrike.jpg

I ride an FJR. I don't need no stinkin' trailer.

#3 FJR_Mikey

FJR_Mikey

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

Nice looking saddle!!

#4 Geno

Geno

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

I showed up bright & early Thursday morning at Rick Mayers place. Rick came out, gave me a cooks tour of his place, and his staff started right in on my seat. Two more BMW riders came in a bit later, and we had a great time chatting & watching the seats being made. Great people to work with, and the seat was a real work of art. The ride home wasn't going to be pleasant, as it was raining off & on all day & the next, but the 200 plus miles back was very comfortable. I'd had trouble going 50-75 miles at a stretch without a rest, but this seat let me go the whole 200 without any discomfort. Money well spent, IMHO :)
'15 Aprilia Caponord

#5 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I showed up bright & early Thursday morning at Rick Mayers place. Rick came out, gave me a cooks tour of his place, and his staff started right in on my seat. Two more BMW riders came in a bit later, and we had a great time chatting & watching the seats being made. Great people to work with, and the seat was a real work of art. The ride home wasn't going to be pleasant, as it was raining off & on all day & the next, but the 200 plus miles back was very comfortable. I'd had trouble going 50-75 miles at a stretch without a rest, but this seat let me go the whole 200 without any discomfort. Money well spent, IMHO :)

There is Nothing like a Great Seat made in the USA by people who know what they're doing! Enjoy! :clapping:
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!