Final Farkle Yeah, right

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Reaction score
I'm now holed up in a hotel near Redding, CA, going to pull the trigger on a leather Rick Mayer saddle on Thursday morning. Might ride the infamous Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Ferndale, just to try 'er out. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a left out of his driveway in the morning and take Gas Point Road to Platina Road (Co Rd A18). Take that south (left) to 36, you won't be sorry. One of the most epic motorcycle roads in California, but much less known. Enjoy the new seat...and don't forget the camera :clapping:

Redding35001.jpg

Redding35003.jpg

Redding35009.jpg

I showed up bright & early Thursday morning at Rick Mayers place. Rick came out, gave me a cooks tour of his place, and his staff started right in on my seat. Two more BMW riders came in a bit later, and we had a great time chatting & watching the seats being made. Great people to work with, and the seat was a real work of art. The ride home wasn't going to be pleasant, as it was raining off & on all day & the next, but the 200 plus miles back was very comfortable. I'd had trouble going 50-75 miles at a stretch without a rest, but this seat let me go the whole 200 without any discomfort. Money well spent, IMHO :)

I showed up bright & early Thursday morning at Rick Mayers place. Rick came out, gave me a cooks tour of his place, and his staff started right in on my seat. Two more BMW riders came in a bit later, and we had a great time chatting & watching the seats being made. Great people to work with, and the seat was a real work of art. The ride home wasn't going to be pleasant, as it was raining off & on all day & the next, but the 200 plus miles back was very comfortable. I'd had trouble going 50-75 miles at a stretch without a rest, but this seat let me go the whole 200 without any discomfort. Money well spent, IMHO :)
There is Nothing like a Great Seat made in the USA by people who know what they're doing! Enjoy! :clapping: