First 'real' motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
Going through some old photo albums. Found this pic of my 250 Honda Dream Super Sport, I think it was a '64?

It had a one-piece fiberglass Rickman tank/seat. When it ran (it spent a LOT of time in the shop) it ran great.

Previous to this I had ridden a 50cc NSU Quickly moped then a 75cc Bianchi Gardena.

Seems like a hundred years ago.

64honda250001.jpg

Has anyone started a 'bikes I have owned' thread? Couldn't find one.

Al

When it ran (it spent a LOT of time in the shop) it ran great.
I love this phrase. I think what it means is: "It ran like crap"

That photo looks more like an oil painting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I have to ask, where was that photo taken?
I was raised in Abingdon (then in Berkshire) England - home of the MG Car Co. The picture was taken outside our backyard on land used for parking.

Just noticed the 'L' (learner) plates and 'squeeze bulb' horn (it was legal then!).

Al

I just found out that my father used to ride this....A triumph t20c Tiger cub....

R
That is a cool picture. Love the 'gear'.

My friend had a Cub, but he had a hell of a time with the ignition and bought a Royal Enfield Crusader Sport - couldn't kill it.

Takes me back!

Al

I just found out that my father used to ride this....A triumph t20c Tiger cub....

file-101.jpg

R
I had a Tiger Cub in the mid sixtys. I traded my Trail 90 for it and tried to race it in the dirt. Couldn't keep a crankshaft in it so I grafted a 160 Honda engine into it and it made a good little TT bike. :)

I see three cubs there. None in riding ... well nevermind. Something happen with our image hosting? :)

Is is just me that sees what looks like a birthday party...And not a motorcycle of any type in R's picture?? I'm confused. :dribble:

It's not just you. Looks like Richard added some pics to his photo hosting site, which often causes things to get shuffled and links to change. Usually they just break, but this is obviously not the original pic he linked to.