Hoverbike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chivvalry

Reaction score
Australian Chris Malloy has made himself an actual hoverbike that he claims can achieve speeds of 173 mph and altitudes in excess of 10,000 feet. Sounds like every Star Wars fan’s dream right?

Working hoverbike...

I might come close to believing it when he's able to control it without the tethers.

anyone could strap two gas powered fans together and make all sorts of claims. The 173 mph claim might be the terminal velocity when it's plummeting back to earth.

I don't see any directional control surfaces on this contraption. 10,000 feet straight(ish) up and down might not be very practical.

Hehe, he's certainly got a ways to go but I love what he's cooking! "Working" is obviously a bit of a stretch here.

When life expectancy is that directly related to reliability of the motor and everything else he made at home?

<_<

Pass

When life expectancy is that directly related to reliability of the motor and everything else he made at home?

<_<

Pass
I think the next to last sentence in the write up pretty well sums it up. "Who knows, maybe you will be crashing into trees and exploding sometime in the near future after all." :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

<_<

Pass
I think the next to last sentence in the write up pretty well sums it up. "Who knows, maybe you will be crashing into trees and exploding sometime in the near future after all." :eek:
In his defense, he DID call it a "hover bike"...NOT a "land safely back at home after flying around on a contraption bike"...As long as it achieves the "hovering" his claim is legit. The landing part is ENTIRELY up to you.