Any Changes between 2010 and 2012 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockmurf

IBA #31100
Reaction score
I demo'd a 2012 this morning and I was blown away. Right out of the box the bike feels so right. However I have an 06 (blue) and I would really like a different color but I don't want to miss out on any improvements that may have been made. Thanks in advance.

Other than adding heated grips as standard in there somewhere (which then changed the throttle housing) no changes that any of us are aware of. But that doesn't mean Yamaha didn't make some improvements to the fuel injection, or other things that we are NOT aware of.

Don't think so. The heated grips were added in 2010, and the throttle was changed in '08, or '09, so, like Skooter says, unless it was some fuel mapping or something, nothing has changed. Hell, I bet all the parts are even interchangable.

Don't think so. The heated grips were added in 2010 2011, and the throttle was changed in '08, or '09, so, like Skooter says, unless it was some fuel mapping or something, nothing has changed. Hell, I bet all the parts are even interchangable.
Fixed it for ya HRZ...

I had a 2010 and now have a 2011. The heated grips are nice and the bike seems to have a deeper sound to it, otherwise the same to me. Since having the heated grips, it would be hard to have one without em now.

Don't think so. The heated grips were added in 2010 2011, and the throttle was changed in '08, or '09, so, like Skooter says, unless it was some fuel mapping or something, nothing has changed. Hell, I bet all the parts are even interchangable.
Fixed it for ya HRZ...

I had a 2010 and now have a 2011. The heated grips are nice and the bike seems to have a deeper sound to it, otherwise the same to me. Since having the heated grips, it would be hard to have one without em now.
Interesting. Why did you ditch the 2010 for the 2011?

Fixed it for ya HRZ...

Not by choice, a BIG dog got in his way.... :eek:

Fixed it for ya HRZ...

Oh yeah, I remember that story now. Bummer.

Fixed it for ya HRZ...

Yeah,... I *still* remember it... hopefully a distant memory as time passes.
Anyways, since the OP has a Blue bike, why not go for a purdy Silver one... I bet you can get a much better deal on an 11 than a 12...

Fixed it for ya HRZ...

Yeah,... I *still* remember it... hopefully a distant memory as time passes.
Anyways, since the OP has a Blue bike, why not go for a purdy Silver one... I bet you can get a much better deal on an 11 than a 12...
That is the plan.

rockmurf -- you'll be pleasantly surprised with the improvements moving from an '06 to a '11 or '12.

Good luck with the search! ;)

--G

I was astounded by the demo ride today of the 2012, not sure what they did but boy did they get it right. Hoping the 2010 is the same.

Buy one quick, and put lots of miles on it. I have an '08 with 27k miles and it runs smoother than when it was new.