Time required - Charlotte to the Dragon and back to Charlotte

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be in Charlotte in July. So, I'm thinking of adding a few days after work, maybe renting a motorcycle in Charlotte and heading down/over to Deal's Gap to ride the Dragon.

So, I'm here for a reality check.

Is four days enough time to pick up a bike in Charlotte, head over to the Dragon, grab a hotel for the night, ride the road, then get back to Charlotte? Admittedly I haven't checked the actual distances yet, but I'm interested in starting with the broad strokes on this plan.

I'm not interested blitzing the road, and I'd like to take my time getting to there and back.

Timing will be during the week of July 23rd. Definitely bringing the airflow jacket...LOL

Appreciate any input gang. :)

Looks like I'll be in Charlotte in July. So, I'm thinking of adding a few days after work, maybe renting a motorcycle in Charlotte and heading down/over to Deal's Gap to ride the Dragon.

So, I'm here for a reality check.

Is four days enough time to pick up a bike in Charlotte, head over to the Dragon, grab a hotel for the night, ride the road, then get back to Charlotte? Admittedly I haven't checked the actual distances yet, but I'm interested in starting with the broad strokes on this plan.

I'm not interested blitzing the road, and I'd like to take my time getting to there and back.

Timing will be during the week of July 23rd. Definitely bringing the airflow jacket...LOL

Appreciate any input gang. :)
It'll take you about 3.5 hours to get from Charlotte to Deals Gap (Dragon), so 4 days is plenty of time. There are tons of other great roads to ride in that area. If you have 4 days, you'll be able to ride plenty of them.

Have a great time!

Ricks is right on at three and a half. Maybe an extra half hour for summer time traffic and any Harleys in the way.