Winscreen Lowest Setting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervous

Reaction score
Does the wind screen mechanism allow it to pull flush with the fairing (where there is no or limited gap at the bottom)? It look like it should close up that last inch or so but I can't find any method for getting that to happen. It raises and lowers just fine but looks like it could also actually pull in as well at the lowest point.

Does the wind screen mechanism allow it to pull flush with the fairing (where there is no or limited gap at the bottom)? It look like it should close up that last inch or so but I can't find any method for getting that to happen. It raises and lowers just fine but looks like it could also actually pull in as well at the lowest point.
No it does not become flush with the fairing.

Bill

My understanding is that the gap is designed to reduce the turbulence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all. In some pics that I have seen it looks closer but that has to be an illusion. Also not sure if the screen model matters. It's currently a Cee Bailey's +4H/+2W.

Think less. Ride more! :)

I agree.

Add one or two farkles at a time then go for a ride.

Add a few more and repeat the above procedure.

Just when you think you have it right where you want it and it's finished, it's not.

Enjoy the never ending ripple effect.