Sunday ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
Despite predictions of rain, fog and wet snow (at higher elevations) and a 'high' of +6C, we decided we couldn't sit at home any longer.

Headed out of Kamloops to Cache Creek in (as predicted) rain, fog and wet snow. However, when we reached Cache Creek the sun broke through and we had a pleasant ride down the canyon to Spence's Bridge.

We expected Hwy 8 to Merritt to be ugly and covered in gravel - it wasn't!

Stopped at Timmie's in Merrit for a soup and coffee, then home via Hwy 5a - which had lots of gravel, as it snowed last night + a howling wind off the, still frozen lakes.

As we climbed up out of Nicola Valley back to Kamloops we ran into (you guessed it) rain, fog and wet snow.

We all agreed it was a great ride.

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

That was my V-Strom.

013.jpg

Now we are three.

014.jpg

Make that four

015.jpg

Some riding tips from a passing Hyabusa man.

Al

Hi Al,

it's great sharing the elements with mates. I love the look of utter discomfort on my mates faces when we are all soaked through and the humor that this provides. Never ridden in snow though, looks very cold.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

That GS Rider will want to be careful about riding with a V-Strom rider. BeemerDons got banned for 6 months by the Arizona BMW Owners Group after riding with a KLR rider (Rushes) down in Mexico.
Yeah right!

I've known, and ridden with, this guy for many years. He loves BMWs, but has no affiliation to 'The Master Race'. If he did, and such a stupid thing happened, he would just tell them to go and perform an impossible sex act.