JT Pedersen

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Bike: 2010 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Greetings,

If you use Microsoft Streets & Trips to export route data via GPX to MapSource or BaseCamp (Garmin products), you already know: it doesn't work.

Crux of the problem is that S&T includes a time stamp in the file that does not conform to the GPX standard.

This weekend I discovered a very useful solution. RouteConverter (http://www.routeconverter.de/home/en) let's you import the S&T GPX file, heals it, and lets you resave it to GPX.

The resulting GPX will then open directly into either MapSource or BaseCamp w/o any issue.

FYI

JT Pedersen
jt@jtpedersen.net

Brotherhood of the Breeze, being a part of the picture rather than looking at the picture.

#2 wfooshee

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,307 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I've never had any issue exporting GPX to Mapsource or Basecamp, so I knows not of what you speak.... Having the GPX export finally show up in Streets & Trips 2010 was a godsend!
Darksider #18

Are you the reason I'm so far above average?
I'm always right, yet it continues to surprise people! How can that be?

#3 ice_station_zebra

ice_station_zebra

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Greetings,

If you use Microsoft Streets & Trips to export route data via GPX to MapSource or BaseCamp (Garmin products), you already know: it doesn't work.

Crux of the problem is that S&T includes a time stamp in the file that does not conform to the GPX standard.

This weekend I discovered a very useful solution. RouteConverter (http://www.routeconverter.de/home/en) let's you import the S&T GPX file, heals it, and lets you resave it to GPX.

The resulting GPX will then open directly into either MapSource or BaseCamp w/o any issue.

FYI

Hey, Just a quick note of thanks! This worked great for me...nice and easy for a non technical personsanta.gif Appreciate you sharing this!

provinces.jpgusa48out.jpgCFR 2008,2010,2013/Greens&Whites/NAFO 2010/EOM 2012,2013Zebra_zps7f88b62f.jpgFamous2_zpsf1ee1834.jpgFamous1_zps2e97ab9a.jpg

#4 wfooshee

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,307 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I still don't know what it is that didn't work. I've not built a GPX in S&T that didn't go over.

Darksider #18

Are you the reason I'm so far above average?
I'm always right, yet it continues to surprise people! How can that be?

#5 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

:D

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I still don't know what it is that didn't work. I've not built a GPX in S&T that didn't go over.

Me too.  No problemo here.