throttle cables

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
2007 FJR ,just installed MCL's triple tree bar risers ,Really nice ,didn't have any trouble drilling out security bolts on ignition ,BUT throttle cables are really tight. Is there a special tool needed to remove throttle cables from hand controls ?? I saw someone who re-routed their throttle cables for more slack. Is this hard or can I do it myself??

Lunch truck Larry

I have an MCL riser and it didn't create any issues with the cables; they move pretty free lock to lock. I'd double check to make sure you don't have something hanging them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an MCL riser and it didn't create any issues with the cables; they move pretty free lock to lock. I'd double check to make sure you don't have something hanging them up.
+1

Check your routing. Did you cut the cage wire that holds them in place for slack? No issues on my 10.

Ummmm, He didn't reroute the cables guys.. I suspect the raising of the bars is causing binding now as it did when I installed the 1 inch risers.

Just cut that wire cable clamp..