how much to pay?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
michelin road pilots 2 ... paid $260. delivered to house . did I get a good deal?? Have a guy to mount them , for around $50 bucks

hope I didn;t get ripped !!! Lunch Truck Larry...

michelin road pilots 2 ... paid $260. delivered to house . did I get a good deal?? Have a guy to mount them , for around $50 bucks

hope I didn;t get ripped !!! Lunch Truck Larry...
Where did you get the tires from...seems like a really good price, as I have been looking myself?

I paid $170 for the front only last weekend -installed, mounted, balanced - so it sounds like you did fine.

Just to be clear, you are talking about the Pilot Road2 Right? (PR2's). If that's what you have then Yes! It's a Damn good price. $50 install is great too! I bought two sets last year for $250 each delivered. You did good! :)

WOW !!! hows that for service , ordered Monday 4/2/12 Recieved 4/3/12 by 2:30 in the afternoon, when I got home from my lunchtruck route !NICE! Michelin-Pilot Road 2- 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 (front and rear) $260. bucks. ok here's the place , www.sportbiketrackgear.com Phone# 888-784-4327,did I mention Free shipping! $260. on my front porch next day. can't beat that! glad to be of service to my fellow FJR brother,s ... Larry.

I would rather do all my tire buying from one place. I have found that Motorcycle Superstore generally has pretty good prices although rarely the lowest out there. They will, however, price match with anyone on the 'net. A couple of days ago, I was looking to get a Metzeler Interact Z8 front for my bike and a ME 880 front for a friend's Goldwing. I called up their customer service people and they matched the Rocky Mtn. ATV price for one of the tires and Southwest Moto for the other. Saved $25 or so in total. These guys generally have pretty good stock and ship promptly.

Ross

I would rather do all my tire buying from one place. I have found that Motorcycle Superstore generally has pretty good prices although rarely the lowest out there. They will, however, price match with anyone on the 'net. A couple of days ago, I was looking to get a Metzeler Interact Z8 front for my bike and a ME 880 front for a friend's Goldwing. I called up their customer service people and they matched the Rocky Mtn. ATV price for one of the tires and Southwest Moto for the other. Saved $25 or so in total. These guys generally have pretty good stock and ship promptly.

Ross
I had a bad experience with them - I try to avoid them like the plague. And I don't care if I buy my tires from various places. Not sure why anybody would?

Ross
I had a bad experience with them - I try to avoid them like the plague. And I don't care if I buy my tires from various places. Not sure why anybody would?
No bad experiences yet, but like Skooter, I don't care who I bought from last; I'm going with whose cheapest. Currently, that is the R&S Powersports dealerships in Albuquerque. They sell tires at cost so last year, I picked up my set of PR3s for $272 out the door. I've been getting tires from them since 2007. The local CycleGear won't even attempt to match R&S's prices because they claim R&S is selling them at a loss just to get customers in the door.

They make up some of their costs by charging $45 per tire to mount/balance, whether the wheel is on the bike or not. However, I pick up my tires and leave. Buy other stuff there though, so I guess it works out.

I just ordered a set of PR3s from SportBikeTrackGear.com for $294 delivered. Guess I could've shopped around a little more, but Cycle Gear wanted over $400 for the same set. <_<

It is incredible how much variable there is. I try to buy tires from my dealer who also mounts them for me. Normally, he'll negotiate with me on a combo deal. $30 mounted if I carry the wheels in is their standard. Never happened before, tomorrow I'm stuck having to ride in, have them install them and do the whole job. $70/wheel.

The tires were unreal. They wanted over $500 for a set of PR3s. Pointed out I could get em online for under $300. They came down a bit but wouldn't even try matching. I told the gent, it's not like they stock the tire. I couldn't see paying them $200 to mail order a tire (which I'd be doing as well).

So, even with them doing the whole install, my total outlay will be less than they wanted for just the tires by $30 or more. Unless their wholesaler charges them more than I pay retail, you'd think they'd want the margin...

~|~

Last edited by a moderator:
they offered me that price on the 3's but I did'nt want to spend the extra $,,, the guy I bought the bike from said he did a lot of research on tires and he really liked the pilots road #2,s I'am sure everyone has there opion.,, but $260. is a competive price ...Larry