Thumbs Up for Morgan Carb Tune

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Man it was night and day doing the sync today. The Morgan product is a pleasure to use and since it uses stainless steel rods instead of liquid, it's much easier to use. Best $ I've spent in a long time. By the way I hated the other sync tool.

I'm in Valencia if any other forum members are ever nearby and need it :drinks:

I also have the fridge in the man cave very well stocked with BEER!

Man it was night and day doing the sync today. The Morgan product is a pleasure to use and since it uses stainless steel rods instead of liquid, it's much easier to use. Best $ I've spent in a long time. By the way I hated the other sync tool.

Stainless steel rods = Mercury

According ot carbetune.com; "It (Morgan Carbtune) contains NO mercury or any liquids."

I agree with the Carb Tune thumbs up. Had the liquid contraption and had trouble with it most of the time, the company sent me a replacement but it was very frustrating to work with. The carb tune is a breeze, it is a great product.

Functionally, yes. The stainless steel rods take the place of the mercury in the old style manometers. The big difference is that nobody is allowed to make them with quicksilver anymore, due to the obvious health safety issues. If you aren't aware of the toxicity of mercury, do a little googling. It's some pretty bad stuff.

So... they use some other (inferior) fluid in all of the liquid type manometers now. Nice that the steel rods don't spill too.

Oh yeah... I'm another satisfied owner of a Morgan Carbtune.

But if you want to come over and use mine, in my garage, you'll have to supply the beer! :drinks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn! I have a Motion Pro SyncPro on the way. Oh well, if it doesn't work out I'll be in the UK in September for a wedding - group buy?

Al

They can't use mercury anymore. They use solid, polished Stainless Steel rods now.

They can't use mercury anymore. They use solid, polished Stainless Steel rods now.
Well now I might break down and get one... I had no idea.

I played with mercury "once". Don't ever get that shit on your gold ring! It will bond to the gold like paint (only much harder to get off).

Last edited by a moderator:

+1

I foolishly purchased one of the liquid filled ones, and wasted far too much time attempting to get a reasonable degree of accuracy for a TBS. The Morgan simply works as advertised.