Thursdays the day !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunk43

Reaction score
If all goes as planned I will get my 2011 FJR day after tomorrow :)

I chose the 2011 cause I love the liquid silver.

Get ready for alot of questions not all dumb I hope.

Oh!! I forgot to mention, before any of the Farkling Starts, make sure THE FIRST dollar you spend is on the Sliders!! You'll thank me Later for that one Trust Me! :)

No Problem Dunk, We're Ready with the Answers! :D
Thanks.........right now my wifes not loving this new bike purchase.
Don't worry about that! She doesn't have to ride it if she doesn't want to. But, She Will! Trust Me on that one too! :lol:
Hope your right...."I Just Dont Like That Kind Of Bike!" is what i'm hearing for now.

She has her own bike but rides with me on the long trips, hope I didnt mess that up.

Don't worry about that! She doesn't have to ride it if she doesn't want to. But, She Will! Trust Me on that one too! :lol:
Hope your right...."I Just Dont Like That Kind Of Bike!" is what i'm hearing for now.

She has her own bike but rides with me on the long trips, hope I didnt mess that up.
What type of Bike does she have? I've had many women say the same thing to me until they get on for the first time. After that, it's been THEM bugging the shit out of me about when are we going on our next ride. They all say it's like riding on the back of a Limosine. :)

What type of Bike does she have? I've had many women say the same thing to me until they get on for the first time. After that, it's been THEM bugging the shit out of me about when are we going on our next ride. They all say it's like riding on the back of a Limosine. :)
She has a 2004 Yamaha Road Star and I'm trading in a Yamaha Stratoliner. We have been doing the cruiser thing for the last 10 yrs and now as I tell her...... " I'm ready to have some fun "

I think your first 0 to 80 full throttle take off with her on back will change her viewpoint. Or perhaps not. Speed does tend to be addictive however.

Congrats on your upcoming purchase. There's no thrill like that fist ride as you leave the showroom. Know how you can always tell which guy in the showroom is taking a new bike home?
Screenshot2012-04-03at95317PM.png

Just for the ride home, keep the windshield in its full "UP" position. Beats picking bugs out of your teeth when ya arrive at the house. Concerning potentially dumb questions: we'll make ya a deal. We will try to be patient with "dumb" questions (I know I've given my share) if you'll try to be patient with our resulting insults :yahoo: Here's a thought or two for your wife: the fact that you are buying this bike against her wishes says that she's exercising some patience. She's trusting your judgement here. I'm assuming that she did like the bike you were riding. But there are some great benefits to this new bike. Every woman wants her man to be safe. Those anti lock brakes are amazing. They just might save your life some day (hope ya never have a close call, though). Concerning resale value, your bike will hold its value well. People aren't afraid of FJR's with a lot of miles as long as they've been well cared for (keep good records). Concerning reliability, it has a proven record and is one of the best out there. In addition, it's handling ability can and will get you out of trouble should you get a little over your head. Lastly, the forum guarantees you a wealth of information about ANYTHING you'll need to do on your bike. For me, that was a huge plus for choosing an FJR. It has proven to be the second best part of owning an FJR (the first being just riding it). For example, last summer I was 1000 miles from home and had an issue. I put out a plea on the forum and by that same day, a man I never met or talked to stepped up to help me out. These things add up, and maybe discussing some of these FJR perks will help your better half to feel a little better about your choice. Which in turn will help you feel a little better about it as well.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife loved my VTX. Still says it was her favorite bike. However, she knows I like my FJR more, and she says her pillion seat on the FJR is more comfortable. She knows it is much faster than my VTX was, and sometimes when I twist the throttle, she smiles at the power and handling this bike provides.

If your wife rides and likes it, there's no way she wont be impressed with the way the FJR rides.

She has a 2004 Yamaha Road Star and I'm trading in a Yamaha Stratoliner. We have been doing the cruiser thing for the last 10 yrs and now as I tell her......

************" I'M READY TO HAVE SOME FUN "***************
That is the Magic Quote Right Here Dunk!! Cruisers are for Cruising. It serves it's purpose. But, Once she sees what happens when you twist the throttle on an FJR, it'll take her Breath Away and you won't here another peep out of her. I'm not a gambling man But, I'll bet you a dollar that's what's gonna happen! :D

I am currently shopping for FJR, coming from 10 years on Harleys. Wife loved riding on the back of the Harley. She is not to happy that I am switching to the ugly sport bike. (her words) she wont be riding much. Not with 2 kids in the house now. After they are gown more, she will be getting her own bike.

I am currently shopping for FJR, coming from 10 years on Harleys. Wife loved riding on the back of the Harley. She is not to happy that I am switching to the ugly sport bike. (her words) she wont be riding much. Not with 2 kids in the house now. After they are gown more, she will be getting her own bike.
That "Ugly Sports Bike" will have you coming home with this GIGANTIC Smile on you face every time. She'll notice that and come around. :D