Tornado's in Dallas/Ft Worth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linked to a picture in the News; Massive amount of destructive power to fling a Trailer into the air like that..... Unbelievable...

jeffisgr8t-14101541.jpg

I didn't have any damage here at work or my house, but a lot of other folks did. Nasty storm.

GP

Sure glad I don't live where that happens every year. We might get the volcano every few thousand years but tornados just scare the shit out of me.

Good to see you are still on the planet Don.

I work at Methodist Hospital Dallas and we had to evacuate into the stairwells but no damage or injuries here. Scary stuff.

Got my indoctrination May 3rd 1999. SW OKC. Resulting in a 70K insurance on a home I just built and hadn't made the first mortgage payment yet.

Just think... Tormado season's not even offically here yet. Although with weather patterns all screwed up, maybe it is here.. :(

I work over by I-35w and I-820. We had to head to the stairwells so 2 other guys and I took the service elevator, headed out of the back door, and made a Starbucks run.

My wife and kids all work farther east than that. My wife was evacuated to the basement 3 different times. Everyone's ok. The house just got some rain.

You can tell people who grew up in tornado alley. While displaced "others" head to the bathtub and cover in blankets, natives head out to the front yard and scan the skies.

You can tell people who grew up in tornado alley. While displaced "others" head to the bathtub and cover in blankets, natives head out to the front yard and scan the skies.
Well ya! come up to Northern Ontario and I'll laugh when you go into full survival mode when we get 2 feet of snow and -50 windchills. It's all about what your prepared for, and accustomed to.

Spent 2 years in Korea... 9 months of it on top of a mountain manning a radio/telephone relay station. I got your -50 wind chill right here. How about 100+ degrees for a month or two straight with 60-95% RH?

Anyone can adapt to anything if they want/have to.

Spent 2 years in Korea... 9 months of it on top of a mountain manning a radio/telephone relay station. I got your -50 wind chill right here. How about 100+ degrees for a month or two straight with 60-95% RH?

Anyone can adapt to anything if they want/have to.
ATGATT to boot. In other words, how to gag the crowd at Starbucks after an afternoon ride in July. :lol:

2003 IBR. Day 8. Riding through S Chicago and Calumet City. Stopped at a traffic light.

The gangsters rolled up THEIR window and locked THEIR doors.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: