Anyone Riding This Weekend?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
Anyone thinking of riding the mtns on Saturday?...weather forecast looks terrific!

This is the route I'm doing if anyone wants to tag along. I plan to be in Dawsonville @ the McDonalds on Hwy 400 by 9am to leave out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would you be at for lunch?

We are thinking about staying over at the Breaks Interstate Park Friday night and could ride over and down to maybe pickup your ride near the middle?

We are thinking about staying over at the Breaks Interstate Park Friday night and could ride over and down to maybe pickup your ride near the middle?
Probably at the NOC outdoor center on the river here. But Deals Gap might be a good spot to possibly meet up if your riding the Dragon over.

If your talking about Breaks park in VA that's solid 6hr ride down to Deals Gap though. I can't guarantee the time I'd be there. I could guess is about all.

Probably at the NOC outdoor center on the river here. But Deals Gap might be a good spot to possibly meet up if your riding the Dragon over.

If your talking about Breaks park in VA that's solid 6hr ride down to Deals Gap though. I can't guarantee the time I'd be there. I could guess is about all.
Yeah, I see that it is a bit further than I was thinking. Well, not set in stone...

I will holler if we get somewhere nearer Friday night, if we do run away for the weekend.

Damn that looks like a good ride! Hmmmm....let me think about it. I really have some things I need to get done, but maybe I can postpone them! :)

Crap, I've already committed to meet some others up at Rider's Hill in the morning. Swing by and say "hey" on your way if you can.

Crap, I've already committed to meet some others up at Rider's Hill in the morning. Swing by and say "hey" on your way if you can.
We rode by Riders Hill at 9:30am so it was pretty early. I didn't see any FJR's in the parking lot so we kept on going. Hope you had a good ride though!

How was the route you posted? I will be in the smokeys, staying in Sevierville, TN May 6-10. If this is a good route I would like to ride it out. Let me know if you would change anything. Thanks

How was the route you posted? I will be in the smokeys, staying in Sevierville, TN May 6-10. If this is a good route I would like to ride it out. Let me know if you would change anything. Thanks
IMO it's an excellent route. It has everything, twisties, sweepers, scenery...etc. I really wouldn't change anything.

IMO it's an excellent route. It has everything, twisties, sweepers, scenery...etc. I really wouldn't change anything.
Thanks for the reply, we are going to try and ride it out then.