#1 GeorgiaRoller

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Anyone thinking of riding the mtns on Saturday?...weather forecast looks terrific!

This is the route I'm doing if anyone wants to tag along. I plan to be in Dawsonville @ the McDonalds on Hwy 400 by 9am to leave out.

#2 E.T.

E.T.

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Where would you be at for lunch?

We are thinking about staying over at the Breaks Interstate Park Friday night and could ride over and down to maybe pickup your ride near the middle?
Eric

Posted Image

#3 GeorgiaRoller

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

We are thinking about staying over at the Breaks Interstate Park Friday night and could ride over and down to maybe pickup your ride near the middle?

Probably at the NOC outdoor center on the river here. But Deals Gap might be a good spot to possibly meet up if your riding the Dragon over.

If your talking about Breaks park in VA that's solid 6hr ride down to Deals Gap though. I can't guarantee the time I'd be there. I could guess is about all.

#4 E.T.

E.T.

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Probably at the NOC outdoor center on the river here. But Deals Gap might be a good spot to possibly meet up if your riding the Dragon over.

If your talking about Breaks park in VA that's solid 6hr ride down to Deals Gap though. I can't guarantee the time I'd be there. I could guess is about all.

Yeah, I see that it is a bit further than I was thinking. Well, not set in stone...

I will holler if we get somewhere nearer Friday night, if we do run away for the weekend.
Eric

Posted Image

#5 TwoWhldTerror

TwoWhldTerror

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

Damn that looks like a good ride! Hmmmm....let me think about it. I really have some things I need to get done, but maybe I can postpone them! :-)
"Your suspension is like your wife....only you should know exactly how it works and how it responds best to your riding style." - TwistedCricket

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 eFnJustRide

eFnJustRide

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Crap, I've already committed to meet some others up at Rider's Hill in the morning. Swing by and say "hey" on your way if you can.
'01 Bandit 1200S (sold)
'06 FJR1300A

#7 GeorgiaRoller

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Crap, I've already committed to meet some others up at Rider's Hill in the morning. Swing by and say "hey" on your way if you can.

We rode by Riders Hill at 9:30am so it was pretty early. I didn't see any FJR's in the parking lot so we kept on going. Hope you had a good ride though!

#8 eFnJustRide

eFnJustRide

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Bummer, we must have just missed you. I think we got there about 9:30. Hope to catch you next time!
'01 Bandit 1200S (sold)
'06 FJR1300A

#9 Barry 07 FJR1300AE

Barry 07 FJR1300AE

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

How was the route you posted? I will be in the smokeys, staying in Sevierville, TN May 6-10. If this is a good route I would like to ride it out. Let me know if you would change anything. Thanks

Edited by Barry 07 FJR1300AE, 14 April 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#10 GeorgiaRoller

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

How was the route you posted? I will be in the smokeys, staying in Sevierville, TN May 6-10. If this is a good route I would like to ride it out. Let me know if you would change anything. Thanks

IMO it's an excellent route. It has everything, twisties, sweepers, scenery...etc. I really wouldn't change anything.

#11 Barry 07 FJR1300AE

Barry 07 FJR1300AE

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

IMO it's an excellent route. It has everything, twisties, sweepers, scenery...etc. I really wouldn't change anything.

Thanks for the reply, we are going to try and ride it out then.