#21 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

So, I'm standing in my garage, drinking a beer, reading this thread, turn around, pop open the latch and find the latch loose, I had checked these screws a while back, so, redoped them with loctite and finished my beer, total time, 5 minutes, another stressful chore completed, my wife fails to recognize all the hard work puttering around involves. Gotta get another cold beer.
FWFE

FWFE, Tell your wife that there's some serious stuff going on here on a daily basis. They have No Clue what all it takes to keep up with all this information! I mean..... Jeeze, it can take several Beers to keep up! :D Women!!! :unsure:
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#22 FarWestFastEddie

FarWestFastEddie

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

So, I'm standing in my garage, drinking a beer, reading this thread, turn around, pop open [another]beer... ...Gotta get another cold beer.

Are you stalking me?

Not so that anyone would notice. (Ker-chut)
FWFE
C.B.A #29 and proud of the accomplishment!
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful"

#23 FarWestFastEddie

FarWestFastEddie

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

So, I'm standing in my garage, drinking a beer, reading this thread, turn around, pop open [another]beer... ...Gotta get another cold beer.

Are you stalking me?

Not that anyone would notice. (Ker-chut)
FWFE
C.B.A #29 and proud of the accomplishment!
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful"

#24 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

If you strike out at the hardware store, go to your local hobby shop. RC cars use screws that size and they often have stainless steel hardware.

Damn good idea! There's an RC Hobby Shop next door to the place I eat lunch in every day by the airport. I'll hit that first. :D

Phil, thanks for steering me toward the RC Hobby Shop. I hit the jackpot and they had all sorts of tiny screws. I'm all set and both bag locks are good as new! I used SS 3mm x 10 Phillips head. :clapping:

On a side note, I forgot how light and nimble this bike feels without bags! I'll have to do that more often! :lol: Thanks to you All for your replies! :)
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#25 PhilJet09

PhilJet09

Nondescript FJR Hierarchy Displayed

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Awesome! Glad you found them.
"Ride like you're invisible, not invincible."

"Twenty Years From Now You Will Be More Disappointed By The Things You Didnt Do Than By The Ones You Did Do"

#26 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

ANOTHER HAPPY ENDING :yahoo:
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#27 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

ANOTHER HAPPY ENDING :yahoo:

Well.... Almost :rolleyes: . Looks like I used too much Locktite. Some of it must have seeped into where it wasn't supposed to and after letting it dry. I inserted the key and it wouldn't turn. It was Locked!! :lol: Took me a while to work it free. All is Good Now But, Lesson Learned! :)