Rossi and Ducati

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Article in superbike planet by Dean Adams who is very respected in the motorcycle reporting world. Rossi

Rossi talked about taking Nicky's set up after his set up efforts had failed all the way through QP. I thought this was funny since Nicky is known more for his "balls out" riding style than his prowess in set up. Alberto PUig said some years ago that Nicky had never understood how to set up a bike.

In any event, I think if Rossi had it to do over again, he would have jumped to F1 after 2009 and followed John Surtees into the history books.

After Stoner won the championship for Ducati in 2007, the high muckity muck Ducatista pretty much told the rest of the riders that they needed to learn to ride the bike. No one has been able to ride their bikes to victories except for Stoner.

Rossi's right that Nicky's result is no great shakes. While Nicky has never been a consistent winner, there was a time in his pre-Ducati days when he was consistently on the podium.

Rossi's trap speed the other day was something like 40 kph faster than some of the ART bikes out there, and yet Rossi's lap times were typically only 2 seconds better. I'd say that Burgess knows how to squeeze the power out of the engine, but their understanding of frame design and traction control is sorely lacking.

Their stuff is sure pretty though...in a nonfunctional sort of way.

Latest posts