New FJR today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apostate

Reaction score
Well I started looking at FJRs some time ago and have been lurking in this forum for a while now before ordering the biggest cup the local Kool Aid I could get. I just bought my first new bike and it was the FJR 2012. Every other bike I've owned has been used. I think I managed to get 14 miles on her before the kids got home from school and four wheels became necessary.

I know I could have gotten a better deal on an 11, but I didn't care. I'm happy with it and I love the blue. I'd put up a pic but it needs a bath first.

I can't even set my bike on the forum....2011 is the latest model year available lol. Just imagine it reads 2012. :lol:

Well I started looking at FJRs some time ago and have been lurking in this forum for a while now before ordering the biggest cup the local Kool Aid I could get. I just bought my first new bike and it was the FJR 2012. Every other bike I've owned has been used. I think I managed to get 14 miles on her before the kids got home from school and four wheels became necessary.

I know I could have gotten a better deal on an 11, but I didn't care. I'm happy with it and I love the blue. I'd put up a pic but it needs a bath first.

I can't even set my bike on the forum....2011 is the latest model year available lol. Just imagine it reads 2012. :lol:
That's awesome - welcome to the club!!!

Congrats on the new FJR!!!! :yahoo:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Even if it is a POS Gen II. :(

Congrats on your new bike. Hope ya get to enjoy the ride a little before the weather pukes out again. You know how Ohio can be...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!! I know exactly how you feel riding your new 2012 home. Just had the first oil change done on Saturday on mine.

I am waiting as well to set my bike status to 2012. I think the delay is because the admins are jealous they don’t have the fastest FJR, the 2012 Cobalt Blue. :p

congrats on the big 'ol cup-o-kool-aid... and welcome to the collective. resistance is futile.

P.

p.s. if i didn't love the BLACK so much, i'd have gone with the blue...

Congrats, I wanted a blue one, but this silver is growing on me. 14 miles and needs a bath? I agree, ride more wash less! You'll never get anywhere if you have to stop every 14 miles to clean it. :D

I know I could have gotten a better deal on an 11, but I didn't care.
You could of searched and searched, talked with out stopping with the dealer or seller, but instead you are riding and enjoying the FJR.

In situations like this I always ask will the XXX dollars I have overspent make that much difference in my life. The answer generally is No and if it is Yes then it is probably more than just the spread. CONGRATS on the new ride

Be careful, if you go too fast or wash it too often that "new Motorcycle smell" might go away.

Congrats on your brand new FJR. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new bike. Hope ya get to enjoy the ride a little before the weather pukes out again. You know how Ohio can be...

Gary

darksider #44
Rode to work and before the end of my shift we were to have lake effect come in...12 hrs before, it wasn't even supposed to rain. Had to leave work to get my car, then come back. I hate Ohio. :angry:

Welcome.

14 miles and it needs a bath? Ride more, wash less. It is a well known fact that FJR's are faster when dirty.
Awkward syntax on my part. Fact is, it was filthy at 000000 miles. I bought it over the phone, so my dealer got it from another dealer, and THAT dealer let it get all dusty. Had intended to wash it at work, but as you can see above, nature had other plans.

Congrats Apo

I had to bring mine home in an enclosed trailer last month b/c of NY weather! U know...the stuff you guys send to us? lol.

Mine's still showroom perfect with only an ICE wax so far, hopefully I can keep it that way for a long while.