New FJR friday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouringRider

Reaction score
Got my 2012 FJR last Friday, the side cases are B/O :( so I installed my Givi top case, and frame sliders.

IMGP3193222iPhone3.jpg

A lot of dealers did not receive the bags with the bike(2012) here in Quebec, don’t no why.

I should receive it within 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day, IIRC there were many bikes that were showing up without the bags. They were sourced to a supplier and were having distibrution problems. Some of the dealerships were holding the bikes waiting for the bags and new buyers were having cows. What comes around, goes around. Good luck, it should work out in time.

Back in the day, IIRC there were many bikes that were showing up without the bags. They were sourced to a supplier and were having distibrution problems. Some of the dealerships were holding the bikes waiting for the bags and new buyers were having cows. What comes around, goes around. Good luck, it should work out in time.
Tanks :)

Enjoy your new bike, she's a beauty!! I am still hoping the apple red shows up again one of these years so I don't feel like a pariah with my '07.

Have a great time!

'Back in the day' was for the 2004 model. Don't think there was an issue for any others.

I bought my 04 FJR from a dealer 350 miles away and had to ride back 3 weeks later when the sidebags finally arrived. No biggie. It was a nice ride I took with some friends.

FYI, sidebags are shipped separately than the rest of the bike in their own box.

And that 2012 looks sweet! (For a POS Gen II that is :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiny! You will love it. You must update your details as you have made up your mind. "Bike: Other or considering FJR"

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Congrats!! Glad to see more and more 2012s show up on the forum to the join the fastest and best looking FJR club.

That is a pain to have to wait for the bags. Maybe they are held up at customs waiting for a dog to give them a sniff then raise his leg to christen them. :huh: Make sure you clean them good before you put them on that beautiful 2012.

Great color...the best ever.

I waited for bags the summer of '03 for my new '04...not to mention waiting months for the bike! :blink:

Congrats, you won't be disappointed!! :)

--G

Tanks everybody, this bike is awesome, love the comfort and the sound coming out the exhausts pipes is amazing, this is just with 50 miles of riding to my house. Next Thursday I will take it for a good ride in the Adirondacks (N.Y.) :)

Tanks everybody, this bike is awesome, love the comfort and the sound coming out the exhausts pipes is amazing, this is just with 50 miles of riding to my house. Next Thursday I will take it for a good ride in the Adirondacks (N.Y.) :)
Adirondacks had snow this week so hopefully it will warm up and stop this nasty crap going on. Old Forge on up to Lake Placid (or visa versa) is priceless! Done it many of times, ENJOY :)

...nice Cobalt Blu FJR btw

'Back in the day' was for the 2004 model. Don't think there was an issue for any others.

I bought my 04 FJR from a dealer 350 miles away and had to ride back 3 weeks later when the sidebags finally arrived. No biggie. It was a nice ride I took with some friends.

FYI, sidebags are shipped separately than the rest of the bike in their own box.

And that 2012 looks sweet! (For a POS Gen II that is :D )
Careful there big boy........... :unsure: :glare:

R