Picked up an R6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkin

Reaction score
Guess I need to join another forum now too...Still have the FJR..this was a good deal

and I've never had a real supersport bike before.

R6.jpg

Thanks for the compliments.

Might end up getting a different seat... :unsure:

But..the FJR has modified seat and the better bike

to use on longer trips.

Wifey and I are leaving on an overnight trip

tomorrow on the FJR. Would NEVER try that on the R6.

The riding position takes some getting used to. :rolleyes:

I don't think its something I would have bought as a first

bike..it must be an aquired taste. The guy put the entire

exhaust on it..not just the pipe. Don't know what it does

but it looks and sounds cool..<smile>

After about 2 hours I was feeling better and trying to use

it for its intended purpose..(faster in the twisties)..but

I'll never be able to ride it to its full potential.

Might try a track day and a lesson or two..if time allows.

If not.. its a fun toy and I can now say I've rode/had one.

I think the reason I bought this thing is my penis is too

small and this bike helps compensate for that. :lol:

Will check into the seat..Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No No No!

That's the Harley Brethen. You bought it to further hone your skills on the FJR.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha...Fuck it. Once you're man enough to admit a need to compensate, you can just live your life!

That's a cool bike, and I love the color! The full exhaust system removes some weight and adds a little power, but I donno how much.

I have a friend with a CBR600RR that is a rocket....Once you get it over 9 or 10 grand. I'd love to have one, so I'm officially jealous!

Yea...it hits like a 2 stroke above 10 grand. :eek:

Having tiny balls too..may help keep me alive. :D

I can't imagine riding an R1.. :blink:

You could catch death, like a cold, on this thing.

FIRST OFF, you DON'T need a new forum...I've NEVER owned an FJR and they still allow me to piddle around in here (not that they could stop me...HA HA HA ha ha h..<~maniacle laugh). SOME even have tips (helpful ones) for my BMW, which I found BECAUSE of the guys on here. Surprisingly, this is actually not a bad bunch-o-hooligans. SECOND, I'll second the color...that's got to be one of the BEST looking R6's I've seen! I'd LOVE to get a BMW S1000RR, but much like you, I don't know what I'd do with it other then hit a deer/bighorn sheep/elk/bear/bicycler/coming around a corner at mach 1.8 and create a 3 mile long crash investigation...all in all, your R6 is suhweeeeet!

I had the same exact bike/color last year, bought it brand new...left over. I rode it for a year and had to trade up for the FJR, as I could last 2 hours tops due to the aggressive riding position :( . I am much more pleased with the comfort of the FJR, not the same quickness, but it can hold its own in the curves like the R6.