Bought an 05 ABS today. Wow!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie

Reaction score
I've been lusting of FJRs for a while. I have an 01 Connie and a 04 CBR 600F4i. Even though I'm an active COG member, the call to the FJR fold was invading my brain like super signals from Outer Space. It was becoming mind consuming. I have a number of friends on FJRs and have riden them in the past, so I thought I knew what I was getting into. How little did I know to power of the Yamaha Force.

I had a local deal on a 06 fall apart last night. An 05 ABS came available this morning and I acted on it. It looked great and felt great on the test ride. It's a good thing I had a pocket full of cash becuse it followed me home, firmly between my thighs.

What a great ride! Power, handling, and fun. Why did I wait this long to buy one? All of you know this,but I'm happy to discover it. I sure hope I can hang on to my driver's license.

How long does this grin on my face last?

I bought it from a private party off of craigslist. It came up this AM. A great deal.

All I can say is WOW! What an upgrade. This is going to be fun.

I'll watch for you in the neighborhood. I work in St Paul and commute on one of the bikes.

invading my brain like super signals from Outer Space.
Didn't wear your foil hat, didja?? See what happens????? :lol:

Of course, now that we know you don't have one, prepare to be bombarded with "suggestions" for improvements, like sliders, GPS, comm and music gear, windshields, cruise control, RAM-ball mounts, seats, top case, tank bag, fuse block, and whatever else comes to the collective mind.

Even though I'm an active COG member, the call to the FJR fold was invading my brain like super signals from Outer Space. It was becoming mind consuming. How little did I know to power of the Yamaha Force.
The collective agrees. The force is strong with this one. Inform him that he will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Screenshot2012-02-25at10434PM.png

Cookie, you will report to the darkside thread for further indoctrination. CLICKY Only then will you know the real power of the force. Master Exalto will be waiting for you there.

Did you say "grin on my face? I bought an 05 w/ABS just less than two years ago.

I look like this every time I get on it...

Screenshot2012-04-03at95317PM.png

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh No, I didn't know about the foil hat! I know about the draw to farkle world. I feel it's strength taking over my wallet. This happened on the last bike, too. I should write this stuff down.

Good thing I got my taxes done last week. The urge to ride is strong. The lawn will probably never get cut now. I hope my wife remembers how to start the mower. I think she wants to climb on the back of the FRJ and follow me to some twisties. That's what I get for telling her how nice she looks on the back of the new bike.

The grin is still there. I like the dark side.

I bought it from a private party off of craigslist. It came up this AM. A great deal.

I'll watch for you in the neighborhood. I work in St Paul and commute on one of the bikes.
Cookie-

YOU BROKE MY FREAKIN' HEART -

I saw that ad and contacted another forum member in the area. I had the seller send me

a photo. After seeing the photo- I contacted my father in northern Iowa to do a Fly and ride.

Then the seller posted pics on a 2nd ad on CL while I was out to eat. I promptly went outside

of the resturant and called him to tell him "I'll take it". He informed me you had just bought it

15 minutes before my call. Buddy- You got a great deal!

Congrats! Now let me go cry in a corner for my fatal hesitation.

Lucky rider you are!

-Tony

Cookie-

I saw that ad and contacted another forum member in the area. I had the seller send me

a photo. After seeing the photo- I contacted my father in northern Iowa to do a Fly and ride.

Then the seller posted pics on a 2nd ad on CL while I was out to eat. I promptly went outside

of the resturant and called him to tell him "I'll take it". He informed me you had just bought it

Lucky rider you are!

-Tony
Hey Tony.

Don't fuss, my friend. They're everywhere. Good deals are only days away. You may have to do a fly and ride, but EVEN THAT is a blast. Keep your eyes peeled and be quick. Keep the money on hand so ya don't have to chase off to the bank. Search the forum for all the prices of bikes that have sold in the last month or two to get a feel for what you can expect to pay and what constitutes a good deal. There's a great deal out there waiting for ya... don't you worry. Set up your account to email you when something is listed in classified. Check it often. Betcha find a great deal in 2 weeks. Now prove me right!!!!!!

Gary

darksider #44

PS EDIT: check out this new post on the forum: CLICKY

See what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lusting of FJRs for a while. I have an 01 Connie and a 04 CBR 600F4i. Even though I'm an active COG member, the call to the FJR fold was invading my brain like super signals from Outer Space. It was becoming mind consuming. I have a number of friends on FJRs and have riden them in the past, so I thought I knew what I was getting into. How little did I know to power of the Yamaha Force.

I had a local deal on a 06 fall apart last night. An 05 ABS came available this morning and I acted on it. It looked great and felt great on the test ride. It's a good thing I had a pocket full of cash becuse it followed me home, firmly between my thighs.

What a great ride! Power, handling, and fun. Why did I wait this long to buy one? All of you know this,but I'm happy to discover it. I sure hope I can hang on to my driver's license.

'05 must be a popular year I just bought an '05 also yesterday for under 7k and it has all three boxes on it and has 17k miles. Congrats on the new purchase I will be able to ride with my brother and sister now, he just got the BMW r1200rt and she has a red goldwing trike.

As a former 2001 Connie rider I know your feelings right now......there's simply no comparo to the Feej........light years apart. I've had the FJR for over 3 years now and the grins simply don't stop.....I live about 3 minutes from a freeway on ramp.....I'm generally hitting 90 by the end of it......there's nothing like merging with authority!........ :assassin:

Cookie-

Lucky rider you are!

-Tony
Ah common Tony I bet there's nothing wrong with your bike other than A LOT of bug grime building up on it! Hold on to it for a few more years and be the first FJR owner to break 300k miles on an FJR....

Tony,

Sorry about breaking your heart, but I got lucky on this one. I had my heart set on an 06 listed here in the Twin Cities. Due to the full time job and a commitment on Saturday AM, I couldn't look at the bike until Saturday afternoon. After work on Friday I rounded up a big stack of $100 bill and was set to bring home my new bike. Friday night I got the call that the PO sold it to someone else Friday morning. I was bummed.

I checked craigslist Saturday morning and found the ad for the 05. No photos and the discription was incomplete. I emailed the owner for details and found out it was an ABS model with a Rifle windshield and a factory top box. He called me back and I was there in 45 minutes with the cash. A short test ride was all it took. I brought it home and I love it. My wife even likes it.

I probably won't be riding the 01 Connie much. It might be time to sell that one off to someone who want a low cost bike with the finest 1986 technology available.

What a difference. Of course, you guys all ready know that. I put on a couple hundred mile all ready and can't wait to do more. I'm a convert.

Cookie, CONGRATS!!!!

I'm just happy to say I know ya....and maybe helped to assimilate ya!!!

FJR folks, This Cookie is the first guy from COG to say "you need some help adjusting your valves? I'll be over on Saturday and show you how to do them yourself."

This Cookie (and a few friends) rode to W Virginia, Colorado, even co-hosted a COG rally in Wisconsin, and was there to pull me out of a ditch when I crashed.

This Cookie is one of my favorite riding buddies and is now part of my favorite bike forum. Treat him well because I know how much he deserves our greatest effort.

This Cookie is one of the BEST!!! :yahoo:

it's perma-grin.

Welcome to the fold, and to Gen 1 ownership. Our bikes rawk!

:yahoo: