Just bought a 07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
I bought a 07 with 11000 miles on it yesterday from a forum member. My wonderful wife drove me 3.5 hours down to pick it up and I rode it back. I have owned a lot of sportbikes and standards, even 2 harleys, thats what I sold yesterday(05 heritage softail). I sold it yesterday morning and picked up the fjr that afternoon. I had a c14 before the harley and had to go back to a sport tourer. I have to say the fjr handled great on the interstate and I was pleased when the roads got a little tighter. Hopefully I will have some great years with the fj.

I have had my 07 for two years now and have put 12,000 miles on it. Love this motorcycle, though I really have nothing other than a 250cc Piaggio scooter and a 180 mile day on a 2004 Road King to compare it to, and there is no comparison possible. They match in no category that I can think of. How you decided to rid yourself of that c14 for a Harley - I just do not know!! Enjoy that FJR!!

Congrats on the new [to you] bike.

Hang on to your credit cards...all the goodies available are contagious! ;)

--G

Congrats on your 07! Love mine, and every time I drive the cage to Georgia I wish like hell I was on the bike ... beautiful roads out that way.

It's amazing how much easier it is to understand you Georgia boys online than it is in person. Congratulations on your purchase. Now quit standin' out in the garage staring at it, and get some sleep, it's LATE and it's been a long day...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
My first day riding it to work and as soon as I get off the bike one of the guys just gets on it and kicks the saddlebag scratching it. I was so mad. The bad thing is the same guy did the same thing with my c14.

Thats what I always say when people start pushing buttons and twisting the throttle. Im going to get in there car and do the same. I griped about it all day. I got on it this morning to go home and say them and started fuming again.

Thats what I always say when people start pushing buttons and twisting the throttle. Im going to get in there car and do the same. I griped about it all day. I got on it this morning to go home and say them and started fuming again.
That first scratch is a real downer, especially if you didn't do it. Stuff like that will eat at you if you don't let it go.

Is it really a scratch? Or maybe just a mar that can be rubbed out. I hope that is all it is, and I hope you can forget about that incident and enjoy riding your sweet '07 FJR, the sweetest color known to any bike anywhere!

Congrats to you on your new to you Yamaha FJR, the apex of motorcycles.

Now go out there and ride, it will put distance between you and any bad memory.

Wayne

Buff that mother chicken. I bet it comes right out. Next time that dickhead gets near your bike punch him right in the face. Douche bag.

I can think of no insult in our language suitable for the sort of person who would scratch the Black Cherry paint on an FJR and not even apologize. I hate him and hate anyone who does not hate him. That said, congratulations on your purchase. I hope it serves you well.

I can think of no insult in our language suitable for the sort of person who would scratch the Black Cherry paint on an FJR and not even apologize. I hate him and hate anyone who does not hate him. That said, congratulations on your purchase. I hope it serves you well.

Haha. Its in the paint and wont buff out. It had a few scratches on it anyway. If it would have been mint I would have lost my temper.