Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

My new screensaver, Thanks Tyler!

Posted Image

Hey Everybody, if you ever see these for sale again please buy me 2 and I'll pay you for them and the shipping to my AZ home.

Absolutely perfect Christmas Gifts for those two New Mexico LEO Dorks HotRodZilla and Patch 308! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Posted Image

#22 pegscraper

pegscraper

Mr. Photog

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Tyler, great pics.
Makes one want to be there.
And a great report.
Thank you for sharing.

WFO-1 301369717.jpg 290944424.jpg 290531004.jpg 290531003.jpg 328604670.jpg 369402052.jpg 392810600.jpg
"Ride fast enough that you can't take your mind off riding, but not so fast that you get worried about crashing."

~Madmike2

#23 SacramentoMike

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

I got no pictures, didn't make it for the lunch, and missed seeing the half of you guys who didn't come south for dinner, but it was still a good weekend on the bike. Linn's in Cambria was a great place to eat, and the company was the best. I was glad to meet several folks I'd only known through forum posts, and that's always good, and as always, good to see old friends too. Sunday coming home up hwy 1 was one of the most gorgeous days riding ever! Just a couple notes:

Had the pleasure of meeting one member way down I-5 at a gas station who wasn't even heading for the same event. GillaFunk was on his way to an Adventure Forum meet down near Lancaster, I think he said. On an FJR, too! Good meeting you, Kiel.

Found the most expensive gasoline in the United States at a den of thieves' establishment in a place called Gorda, somewhere between Big Sur and Monterey. Have you ever (yet) had the pleasure of buying 87 octane gas for SIX FREAKING SIXTY-NINE a gallon? Well I have. Bought two gallons. :angry2:

Tried a new mounting position for my still-new GoPro. Got lots of great shots of my gas tank, gauges, and the stickers on my windshield. Still experimenting. FredW: I won't be troubling you with these.
"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx
"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff." Jack Handy
"Watch out for that tree!" George of the Jungle
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#24 RenoJohn

RenoJohn

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Way too much fun and outstanding pictures!!!

thanks for sharing!

#25 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

Loopy

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,860 posts
  • 2004 A (Gen I) N. America

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

....Tried a new mounting position for my still-new GoPro...Still experimenting. FredW: I won't be troubling you...

Other than this post from SacMike's personal life...it sounds like it was a very good gathering.

#26 Tyler

Tyler

Miss Demeanor

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Other or considering FJR

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

....Tried a new mounting position for my still-new GoPro...Still experimenting. FredW: I won't be troubling you...

Other than this post from SacMike's personal life...it sounds like it was a very good gathering.

Good lord you guys make me laugh!! :lol:

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.

A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.

#27 Old Michael

Old Michael

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I got no pictures, didn't make it for the lunch, and missed seeing the half of you guys ....

Geez, Mikey.
Makes me wish I'd gone.
Posted Image

#28 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I got no pictures, didn't make it for the lunch, and missed seeing the half of you guys ....

Geez, Mikey.
Makes me wish I'd gone.
Posted Image

And Mick, Papa Chuy is leading SacramentoMike on a motorcycle excursion thoughout the Alps and Dolomites in August. May Saint Christopher, Saint Patrick and all of the Saints preserve Me in this Endeavor!

#29 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Dammit!! You guys have all that Pretty Stuff to ride in on a regular basis. I'm beginning to Hate you People a Little Bit! :lol:
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#30 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Dammit!! You guys have all that Pretty Stuff to ride in on a regular basis. I'm beginning to Hate you People a Little Bit! :lol:

Yeah but majicmaker, you have that "big black Thermos bottle" in Puerto Rico to look forward to instead! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

#31 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yeah but majicmaker, you have that "big black Thermos bottle" in Puerto Rico to look forward to instead! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#32 Erin

Erin

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Erin PM me your address so I can send you that 10 bucks I owe you. I think you and Tyler make a great couple. :P Favorite thing about the trip (after Tyler and Erin) was the Ollieberry Jam at Linn's. That stuff is addicting.

It's the hair, chicks dig the hair :P

Re: $10, pay it forward, everyone gets better interest that way :)

With great passion comes great risk - unknown