Vented Boots - Where to buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a pair of Sidi fusion air boots and love them. They flow a ton of air especially when hanging out on the highway pegs. I haven't been through the heat of Houston summer with them yet, but so far, so good.

The only caution I have is if you have a wide foot since they run slightly narrow. I'm o.k., but I can feel the width first in sizing - especially in the toe area.

I've considering vented boots too, but with the heat these machines put out, does this roast the feet? I.e. is it better to have closed boots which insulate against the engine heat?

I've considering vented boots too, but with the heat these machines put out, does this roast the feet? I.e. is it better to have closed boots which insulate against the engine heat?
Good question.

I have experienced more heat rising from asphalt paved desert roads more than I have from engine heat.

Just to CYA, I am not traveling at a slow rate of speed. :rolleyes:

I've just completed all the engine-heat mods on my '04. I'll let you know in September :D

Al

I actually prefer my vented boots (TCX Air Tech Gore-Tex) over standard boots on the FJR. No problems with roasted tootsies (and I'm on an '03) compared to standard boots and a nice cooling effect when my feet are on the highway pegs.

I bought these when TCX was still called Oxtar and I think they fit in the OP's price range then (mine were actually a lightly used pair I bought from a forum member moving overseas). I just looked at motorcyclegear.com and it seems they're in the $250 range now. <_< Darn comfy boots, though, and the rain protection has been excellent as well.

i ve been wearing these one season and love them, Alpinestars Net Air Boots.

they do not flow like pure mesh, but flow a lot of air.

when your feet are wet it really cools them down.

bought my at moto liberty here in dallas tx.