#1 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

has any one tried this tube ? My 2007 ,has the same problem, as all the rest of them .So far the best thing I've tried is the $11.00 dollar Crampbuster ...at close to a Hunski $100.00 , is this device going to "change my world" or is it just more stuff???? Larry.

#2 BwanaDik

BwanaDik

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

The G2 doesn't fix the throttle return spring tension, it fixes the snatchiness (is that a word?) from just off idle. Yes, I found it to be worth it, much much smoother on take off now. Which is your issue, jerky throttle or stiff spring?

dropfinal.gifsfo08.gifsfo09.gifSWFOG2010.gifswfog-twitter-60px.jpgSWFOG2014_zps29cf405c.jpg BB1500 SS1000 IBA#39439

#3 A41Billy

A41Billy

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

It helped the throttle on my 06 greatly. Well worth the investment, easy install. Smoother off idle roll on.
Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
2006 Yamaha FJR1300
1991 Suzuki GSX1100G
1990 Kawasaki Ninja 600R

#4 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'am fairly good with the cluch ,, so I guess it would be in the tension.... ,I'll probally),(keep this bike for awhile, mabey in the long run it would make a diffrence,, Larry

#5 lonerider

lonerider

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Well worth it, IMHO.

deerstrike1.jpgdeerstrike1.jpgdeerstrike1.jpg  "Up yours, Bambi"

#6 Aasland

Aasland

Depleted

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Not worth it, IMHO. I'd take it off and sell it if that wouldn't risk ruining the grips I have on it.

The PC-III did much more in eliminating the lurch.

------------------

IBA# 54416

#7 MrM0t0

MrM0t0

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 2008 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

has any one tried this tube ? My 2007 ,has the same problem, as all the rest of them .So far the best thing I've tried is the $11.00 dollar Crampbuster ...at close to a Hunski $100.00 , is this device going to "change my world" or is it just more stuff???? Larry.

I have one I'll send to you for $35 shipped. Bought it before I knew the issue was resolved on my '08.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'LL TAKE IT ...by the way, how did Yamaha resoled the issue ??? Did you buy this new?? did you have a FJR ,before the 08, Larry

#9 gixxerjasen

gixxerjasen

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have one I'll send to you for $35 shipped. Bought it before I knew the issue was resolved on my '08.

Grrr....just ordered one yesterday. It's driving me nuts on my AE. If everything comes in in time, I'll be doing spring unwind, tube and PCIII this weekend. I hope to have a smooooooooth bike on Monday.

#10 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

...what is this, PC-111, that you speak of ?? Larry

#11 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

...What is this PC111 ,that you speak of ??? Larry

#12 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

The G2 doesn't fix the throttle return spring tension, it fixes the snatchiness (is that a word?) from just off idle. Yes, I found it to be worth it, much much smoother on take off now. Which is your issue, jerky throttle or stiff spring?

BD, was it a pain for the heated grips on the AE? I've gotten to where I know the sweet spot but, I'm thinking about it. After all these years It jerks enough to make me shit my pants every once in a while!! :o
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#13 superfuzz

superfuzz

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I WOULD recommend it. By itself not a magic fix but, combined with the spring tension mod, throttle is vastly improved

IBA# 54446, SS1k & B2B

1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, 1999 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

#14 escapefjrtist

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,995 posts
  • 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

With '06 & '07 bikes, a G2 is probably worth the investment. Also make sure throttle cable slack is reduced to help the snatchy situation... ;)

PC III

--G

IBA 34365

'09 FJR

'12 Super Tenere

#15 gixxerjasen

gixxerjasen

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

...What is this PC111 ,that you speak of ??? Larry

Power Commander. The III is now discontinued so if you are buying new you'll need the V, but you can find III's for sale used all the time.

#16 BwanaDik

BwanaDik

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

BD, was it a pain for the heated grips on the AE? I've gotten to where I know the sweet spot but, I'm thinking about it. After all these years It jerks enough to make me shit my pants every once in a while!! :o

No big deal to fit the G2 with the heated grips as long as you MARK THE WIRES AND LOCATION OF THE HEATING PADS BEFORE DISASSEMBLY! I didn't and getting them back in with the correct alignment/orientation for the throttle wind up was a major PITA. Took two or three disassemblies before I got it, would have been a no brainer if I had marked them first.

Edit: Also, there is a difference between the AE and A G2 tubes. I think the AE's are longer? Be sure to tell the guy if you have an AE when you order them. He's tuned into it so he'll know what you need.

BTW, lots of traffic on this particular G2 subject

Clicky

More PCIII info (try Googling Power Commander III site:www.fjrforum.com)

Clicky 2

dropfinal.gifsfo08.gifsfo09.gifSWFOG2010.gifswfog-twitter-60px.jpgSWFOG2014_zps29cf405c.jpg BB1500 SS1000 IBA#39439

#17 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

No big deal to fit the G2 with the heated grips as long as you MARK THE WIRES AND LOCATION OF THE HEATING PADS BEFORE DISASSEMBLY! I didn't and getting them back in with the correct alignment/orientation for the throttle wind up was a major PITA. Took two or three disassemblies before I got it, would have been a no brainer if I had marked them first.

Edit: Also, there is a difference between the AE and A G2 tubes. I think the AE's are longer? Be sure to tell the guy if you have an AE when you order them. He's tuned into it so he'll know what you need.

BTW, lots of traffic on this particular G2 subject

Clicky

More PCIII info (try Googling Power Commander III site:www.fjrforum.com)

Clicky 2

Thanks for the Details! :)
If you're not the lead dog. The view never changes and it always smells like crap!

#18 majicmaker

majicmaker

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

With '06 & '07 bikes, a G2 is probably worth the investment. Also make sure throttle cable slack is reduced to help the snatchy situation... ;)

PC III

--G

Oh Yeah! I did that early on. I couldn't believe how much slack there was in the cable when I got it to the house! :unsure: