G2 tube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
has any one tried this tube ? My 2007 ,has the same problem, as all the rest of them .So far the best thing I've tried is the $11.00 dollar Crampbuster ...at close to a Hunski $100.00 , is this device going to "change my world" or is it just more stuff???? Larry.

The G2 doesn't fix the throttle return spring tension, it fixes the snatchiness (is that a word?) from just off idle. Yes, I found it to be worth it, much much smoother on take off now. Which is your issue, jerky throttle or stiff spring?

It helped the throttle on my 06 greatly. Well worth the investment, easy install. Smoother off idle roll on.

I'am fairly good with the cluch ,, so I guess it would be in the tension.... ,I'll probally),(keep this bike for awhile, mabey in the long run it would make a diffrence,, Larry

Not worth it, IMHO. I'd take it off and sell it if that wouldn't risk ruining the grips I have on it.

The PC-III did much more in eliminating the lurch.

has any one tried this tube ? My 2007 ,has the same problem, as all the rest of them .So far the best thing I've tried is the $11.00 dollar Crampbuster ...at close to a Hunski $100.00 , is this device going to "change my world" or is it just more stuff???? Larry.

I have one I'll send to you for $35 shipped. Bought it before I knew the issue was resolved on my '08.

I have one I'll send to you for $35 shipped. Bought it before I knew the issue was resolved on my '08.
Grrr....just ordered one yesterday. It's driving me nuts on my AE. If everything comes in in time, I'll be doing spring unwind, tube and PCIII this weekend. I hope to have a smooooooooth bike on Monday.

The G2 doesn't fix the throttle return spring tension, it fixes the snatchiness (is that a word?) from just off idle. Yes, I found it to be worth it, much much smoother on take off now. Which is your issue, jerky throttle or stiff spring?
BD, was it a pain for the heated grips on the AE? I've gotten to where I know the sweet spot but, I'm thinking about it. After all these years It jerks enough to make me shit my pants every once in a while!! :eek:

I WOULD recommend it. By itself not a magic fix but, combined with the spring tension mod, throttle is vastly improved

BD, was it a pain for the heated grips on the AE? I've gotten to where I know the sweet spot but, I'm thinking about it. After all these years It jerks enough to make me shit my pants every once in a while!! :eek:
No big deal to fit the G2 with the heated grips as long as you MARK THE WIRES AND LOCATION OF THE HEATING PADS BEFORE DISASSEMBLY! I didn't and getting them back in with the correct alignment/orientation for the throttle wind up was a major PITA. Took two or three disassemblies before I got it, would have been a no brainer if I had marked them first.

Edit: Also, there is a difference between the AE and A G2 tubes. I think the AE's are longer? Be sure to tell the guy if you have an AE when you order them. He's tuned into it so he'll know what you need.

BTW, lots of traffic on this particular G2 subject

Clicky

More PCIII info (try Googling Power Commander III site:www.fjrforum.com)

Clicky 2

Last edited by a moderator:
No big deal to fit the G2 with the heated grips as long as you MARK THE WIRES AND LOCATION OF THE HEATING PADS BEFORE DISASSEMBLY! I didn't and getting them back in with the correct alignment/orientation for the throttle wind up was a major PITA. Took two or three disassemblies before I got it, would have been a no brainer if I had marked them first.

Edit: Also, there is a difference between the AE and A G2 tubes. I think the AE's are longer? Be sure to tell the guy if you have an AE when you order them. He's tuned into it so he'll know what you need.

BTW, lots of traffic on this particular G2 subject

Clicky

More PCIII info (try Googling Power Commander III site:www.fjrforum.com)

Clicky 2
Thanks for the Details! :)