FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Posted Image

Overview:
The Big Money Rally (a.k.a. BMR) is a “Tour” style rally that runs from January 1 through May 25, 2013; with bonuses designed for riders to participate throughout the USA. Whether you’re a Saturday morning rider, DAKAR veteran, or one of the BMR’s world-famous ”point whores”: You’ll find this rally fun, engaging, interesting and unique. It’s purpose is for people to have fun on their bikes , while sharing the fun with fellow riders and friends.

Details:
The Big Money Rally will run from January 1st, 2013 through May 25th, 2013. Initial bonus packs will be released to riders on December 1st, 2012. The object of the rally is to visit bonus locations listed in the bonus pack, and take a picture, using your cell phone, containing your rally placard, your bike, and the bonus location. Once the bonus has been captured to the participant’s phone, it will then be sent from the bonus location, via email from your phone, to a unique email address (each participant receives a unique email address that posts in real time to the BMR website!).

Unlike other events, the BMR scoring and bonus submission process is 100% web based; which makes for a whole bunch of fun. Participants and visitors can comment on each others posts and join in the camaraderie as submissions come in to the site in real time. The scoring will also be done in near-real-time, with standings shown live on the BMR site. There will be different levels of achievement based on points standings. While reaching finisher status is the primary objective, there will also be Bronze, Silver and Gold achievement levels, for the folks that wish to be a bit more competitive.

Remember the main goal of the BMR is FUN. Whether you’re a weekend rider, or weathered rally veteran, or a rally rookie; this event is guaranteed to be fun and rewarding.

Event finishers will receive a high quality shirt and other fun swag, and will hopefully be able to join us at the finishers rally in May!

Please take a moment to review the links below for more info, and let us know if you have any questions not covered in this announcement.

Important Dates:
Nov. 15th through Dec. 10th, 2012 – T5 Practice Rally
December 1st – Initial Bonus pack released
January 1st – BMR starts
May 25th – BMR finishes and Finishers’ banquet
(Finishers’ Banquet will be held in Minden NV – if you cannot attend, you’re swag will be mailed to you)

Useful Links:
Questions and Answers
10 Free Tips
Hints and Tips for participants
Rider Expectations

#2 Dr. Rich

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

My first quetions is WHO THE F**K IS RENO JOHN! I thought that guy was dead and buried! Rich
The follies which a man regrets most, in his life, are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity... Helen Rowland
The secret of eternal youth is arrested development... Alice Roosevelt Longworth
I never learned anything when I was talking.... Lou Holtz

#3 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,290 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

My first quetions is WHO THE F**K IS RENO JOHN! I thought that guy was dead and buried! Rich

#4 huron52

huron52

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

This is an interesting rally.... I understand the locations are better(spread out over the whole US)

The rally doesn't work for me because it is over when my riding season is just starting.
I guess it sucks to be this far north. :lol: Right Bungie?
EOM 2004, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013 KEY WEST 2005, CFO 2005, 2006 CFR 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010,2013 NAFO 2008 2010 2012 WCR 2010 SWFOG 2010
Wheaton's Camp out weekend 2010, Extreme ALPS Tour 2012, FODS VI 2013

I got to go somewhere Once smile.png
IBA# 23257

#5 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

This looks like way good groovy phun! I'm gonna play this year!
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image

#6 RenoJohn

RenoJohn

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is an interesting rally.... I understand the locations are better(spread out over the whole US)

The rally doesn't work for me because it is over when my riding season is just starting.

Like last year, the bonuses are spread across the entire nation, and this year much more attention has been put into the details on this. Not sure exactly where you're located, but last year we had finishers from Canada (including a woman) as well as MN, WA and states in the NE region. Many of those even came out to the banquet at the end of the rally.
Those riders are all coming back this year, plus some of their friends, -in fact the majority of last years' finishers have already signed up for this year, some of whom have been helping test new functionality over the last many weeks.
Now, I'm not saying that the Canadian and northern USA riders have an advantage, and mother nature can indeed be tough, but much of that is weighed into the bonus listings.

Don, we had some great fun last year and promise even more this year. You'll enjoy the format, BTW, we sent a LOT of riders through Creston last year. If you go through the over 6000bunus submissions from last year, you'll find at least a dozen or so of the Creston PO. :-)

#7 Bungie

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's hard to snap pics at a rally point when the polar bears are in rut.

As for this far north. I applied for a job today in Cambridge, right in the neighbourhood of Moosehead and JohnD - and SOUTH of Huron52!
100K04CLUB.jpgbanner.gifSWFOG2010.gifNAFO2010.jpgSEOhioRamble.gif

#8 Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm in! Had a great time last year and I'm sure I will again this year. Thank you to John and his peeps for putting all of this together.

:)
Kitty
Baltimore, MD
IBA # 372
CBA # 007

#9 Mount Rainier

Mount Rainier

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm definitely back for more fun and some serious riding, rain or shine and maybe a little snow. This is a very very fun event with as many serious miles as you want to pursue. A wonderful mix of LD Riding activity including planning, implementing and innovative bonus submitting. Instant scoring updates and photos on the BMR site for all to see and comment on.

Nothing fancy needed in the way of smart phones, although I'm told they work well. Me, I'm going to use my cheesy free phone again this year. It worked flawlessly in snagging over 490 bonus points last time around.

Have a look at the new site and see what's been going on during the testing phase. I think you'll be impressed at the creativity the BMR is offering up for 2013.

My first bonus submission for 2012 BMR.
Posted Image

Jim-Carroll 004 Testing for 2013

2012 BMR Fun

Keep Going!

100K%2008CLUB.jpg   BMR.jpg   2014%20Logo.jpg 

Jim

#10 tcfjr

tcfjr

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Don, we had some great fun last year and promise even more this year. You'll enjoy the format, BTW, we sent a LOT of riders through Creston last year. If you go through the over 6000bunus submissions from last year, you'll find at least a dozen or so of the Creston PO. :-)

Here's mine:

Posted Image
Brian C. - 2005 FJR1300A | IBA #25366 | tcfjr.goption.com

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for. -- J.A. Shedd

#11 Specter

Specter

FJR Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm already signed up! Can't wait.

Specter
2005 FJR1300A - Darksider #58
IBA 492
Fremont, CA

#12 Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

but last year we had finishers from Canada (including a woman)

Wait, what? You're saying what exactly here? That it's so easy even girls can play? Or are you calling the guy a pussy because even a woman was able to finish? :angry2:

Splain yourself. :angry2: :angry2:

Posted Image
Kitty
Baltimore, MD
IBA # 372
CBA # 007

#13 RenoJohn

RenoJohn

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

but last year we had finishers from Canada (including a woman)

Wait, what? You're saying what exactly here? That it's so easy even girls can play? Or are you calling the guy a pussy because even a woman was able to finish? :angry2:

Let's back away the girlie emotion and look at the facts ...and you'll see why the BMR guyz are not always real keen on the BMR galz.

+ BMR2012 roster had a large percentage of bmrGALZ, more gender equal than any rally that we're familiar with -and the ratio is trending the same for 2013.

+ When you look at the data, here are some factoids comparing bmrGALZ and bmrGUYZ.
- bmrGALZ have a higher "finisher" percentage than the bmrGUYZ
- bmrGALZ as a whole, are geographically more north compared to the bmrGUYZ as a whole. Translation= bmrGALZ are not fair weather riders.
- bmrGALZ have a higher percentage of international finishers than their bmrGUYZ counterparts.
- bmrGALZ smell better than their bmrGUYZ counterparts. (and that should be taken as a compliment)

So, it is no wonder why many of us bmrGUYZ carry a certain amount of angst toward the bmrGALZ.

#14 Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hmmmm.... I do not think I can accept your explanation. The original post was not worded in such a fashion. My cousin will be visiting your area soon. Be on the lookout.....

Posted Image
Kitty
Baltimore, MD
IBA # 372
CBA # 007

#15 mehaffydr

mehaffydr

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

RenoJohn this sounds like an excellent time. Last year I was not able to get much riding time because I moved from St.Louis to Huntsville Alabama.
I just signed up and this will be a great excuse to get out and ride this spring. Just need to check the heated gear for those Canadian Bonuses :rolleyes:
IBA # 440 / 4 th place Spank 09 Ar.
SS1000 / 7 th place YNS Rally 09
SS1000 Ca. / IBR5000 2010 rider
BBG1500 / 10th. YNS Rally 2010
10th IB5k 2010/ 2011 IBR

#16 redtail

redtail

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Signed up to do this again, as well! :yahoo:
Had a blast last year chasing bonuses! Took me down roads I may never have ridden otherwise!

And got a way cool shirt! ;)

A Friend recently explained to me that " a good amount of air time is required to truly appreciate road rash!" I'd like to take his word for it!
IBA #42150

#17 Wolf_in_Cheapclothing

Wolf_in_Cheapclothing

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

The first bonus list was released yesterday and I just signed up today. Well, I paid anyway. I'm not sure I am actually registered as I have recieved no reply to my registration submission. I'm sure it will get straightened out eventually. It's not like I'm going to be doing a bunch of riding in January and February in Michigan.

EDIT: Upon further looking at the website it looks like I registered during a time that they are expecting to be away or busy until the third of the month.

Edited by Wolf_in_Cheapclothing, 02 December 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Kirk

#18 Mount Rainier

Mount Rainier

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

The BMR 2013 fun starts tomorrow night at midnight.  All indications are pointing to an outstanding rally to be had by all.  Some very cool innovation employed.  As much fun as BMR 2012 was, and it was, this go around will be even more so.  

Much to see here.

Keep Going!

100K%2008CLUB.jpg   BMR.jpg   2014%20Logo.jpg 

Jim