Lost my little red key !!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hud

Reaction score
:poster_oops: Anyone else lost that little red key that comes with the bike - :cry: - can it be replaced or, as i suspect, its going to cost $$$$$ :angry03: :grrr:

Hud...I am sorry, but I believe it will cost you MEGA dollars.

A guy who owns an 07 R1 at www.perthstreetbikes.com lost his (actually was stolen from his house). I will have a look and post back...but I think the outcome is not favourable.

Are you insured?

We Americans don't know what the red key is! :dntknw:
Did we get cheated? :eek:
Ohh - Its the code re-registering key with a red moulded plastic end that is used to reset the immobilising security system - The key contains a transponder and is used to reregister the normal (black) keys.

Suspect I've got to have the complete immobilising system replaced FFS!!!!

As to you getting cheated - err well you are Americans! ................................................. J/K :rolleyes:

Hud...I am sorry, but I believe it will cost you MEGA dollars.
A guy who owns an 07 R1 at www.perthstreetbikes.com lost his (actually was stolen from his house). I will have a look and post back...but I think the outcome is not favourable.

Are you insured?
Oh FFS!!! No I'm not arrrggghhhh!! :dribble: :eek: :blink: :alcoholic:

Thanks for info - I think

:poster_oops: Anyone else lost that little red key that comes with the bike - :cry: - can it be replaced or, as i suspect, its going to cost $$$$$ :angry03: :grrr:
you should be alright, as you still have the launch codes. you _do_ still have the launch codes, don't you?

Scared me for a minute, looks like the right side up version is just a metal tag with the key code number stamped in.

You upside down under folks have the version with self destruct launch codes built in.

Oh Lord, please save us from digital technology.

There... my bedtime prayer.

if you dont loose the black ones, you will be ok.

if you ever do loose them, you are in for $$$.

the imobiliser system is infact part of the ECU.

so if you need a new red key, its gonna cost heaps.....

jason

-Not only don't loose them but also keep them away from other vehicle/car chip coded ignition systems,....and Magnetic stuff could also be a f'up for the keys rendering them usless

-Don

OK Hud....sit down when you read this.

From all reports....cost is $AUD2500 - $AUD3000

Sorry mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the coding between the immobilizer and the black keys don't get messed up, you could get by until you can score the red key and immobilizer out of a wreck, might save you a few $. But even then it's bad news, you'll still need a Yamaha dealer to do the install and recoding.

A good reason to keep that little red sucker in a safety deposit box.

I dont think we Amercians are getting cheated. I would feel cheated if there was a system that cost 2.5K on my bike that had a little red key I had to keep track of and lost it.

Would mean I had to pay for the first system to even exist so the whoever can get whatever benifit from it. I am sure it is not required for the operation of the bike since I am without one and doin fine.............

I got some red paint, wanna see if we can make one of them thar black ones work with a little redecorating??

I dont think we Amercians are getting cheated. I would feel cheated if there was a system that cost 2.5K on my bike that had a little red key I had to keep track of and lost it.
Would mean I had to pay for the first system to even exist so the whoever can get whatever benifit from it. I am sure it is not required for the operation of the bike since I am without one and doin fine.............

I got some red paint, wanna see if we can make one of them thar black ones work with a little redecorating??
:biggrinsmiley: :lol2: :upsidedwnsmiley:

OK Hud....sit down when you read this.
From all reports....cost is $AUD2500 - $AUD3000

Sorry mate.

yeah thanks man - Just got back from my local Yammy dealer and yep 2,500 friggin dollars :shok: - and that don't include changing the locks on the panniers etc. FFFS!!! :ranting2:

Can't even sell it without the key!!

The only time the keys been out of the house was when the bike was serviced - not sure I got it back but can't prove it and they dont have one left over!! The bloody service from them was awful anyway - arrrrggggghhhhh

oh well back to the bottle :alcoholic: :dribble: sob

Hud..

Just saw your post at www.perthstreetbikes.com

Recognised the avatar. Sorry to hear mate. I am home next week, and the first thing I am buying is a safe (wall or floor mounted) to stick that sucker in.

Again..really sorry to hear. The boys from the Huuu ESSS EH have no appreciation of this devastation...lucky bastards.

Steve