Chicago area members group email list

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
In an effort to compliment the forum and ensure future Chicagoland Forum member events are communicated to EVERY Chicago area member, I'm putting together a group email list. Sometimes people miss posts, however, they're less likely to miss an accompanying email too. Based on how much fun we've had during prior and recent get togethers, I'm looking forward to future events and want to make sure all who want invites get them.

Other reasons to use the email list:

• If you need a hand working on your bike, chances are someone on the list has done what you're doing and is willing to lend a hand or give some helpful advice. Send out a quick shout out.

You decide to ride when you get home from work and want to see if anyone else feels like riding. Again, send a breif shout out via email.

If you would like to be on the list AND you don't mind me sharing your email address with other Chicago forum members on that list, PM me with your email address.

EDIT: As of August 1, 2009, the following are part of the Chicago area members group email list:

0Face, airboss, AFCJER, artistic rider, Big Mar, bjf, blitzer, Breadman, Brooklyn, burnergold2B, cougar8000, daveh, Dave Kaye, Designer, evilmedic13, eworth,FJRski_2007,flysaab, griff, grnarrowe, GypsyCaravan, huk finn, joeR6, Jon, lrr308, misalot, Murph, qkslver, rnees, RiderCoach Lar, Roadrider, RRA, Scotch,scubabiker, Sherman, skifrik, SlowRunner, Stewart, TriggerT, TRYP, Turvy, usedtobeharley, valetz, VFR Rider, wanderlust, wheatonFJR, wheeldeal72 & Yamaduke

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would like to be on the list AND you don't mind me sharing your email address with other Chicago forum members on that list, PM me with your email address.

Larry,

PM sent

Talk to you soon.
Gary

Stewart, please update Larry with your correct e-mail. One that he sent out originally no longer works. the one from peoplepc .

Thank you.

larry, do you have anyone on list from lake kilarney ( which is between cary and crystal lake illinois)?

Last summer on a friday evening , about 5 ish P.M. , I past a maroon fjr, on crystal lake avenue. I waved, after he passed (opposite directions), he was honking ( he must have just noticed I was an fjr while passing).

Always wondered who that was,,,, never saw any listing or balloon from that area, maybe you have it from group email list.

If that person's reading this & trying to remember, I have a '06 blue bike, blue helmet & jacket. Passed about 1/2 mile east of route 31 (fairly close to 31 & 176)

No one that I know of in that particular area, however, there's quite a few guys up in that general direction riding '07's.... cougar8000, Jon, Murph...could have even been Breadman makin' a special late day delivery...maybe even someone who's not yet on the email list.

...maybe even someone who's not yet on the email list.

I have seen quite a few Chicagoland and Northern Illinois FJRs and have had several chances to speak with the owners who I have learned to be lurkers on this site....they watch for useful info but don't communicate or participate. Alas, the email list is not all inclusive.

For this reason, I'm considering putting the FJRForum sticker on my windshield (sort of like the popular "AdvRider" stickers identifying fans/partipants of Adventure Rider).

In an effort to compliment the forum and ensure future single-day Chicagoland events are communicated to EVERY Chicago area member, I'm putting together a group email list. Sometimes people miss posts, however, they're less likely to miss an accompanying email too. Based on how much fun we've had on our first two Chicagoland get togethers (of 10 or more members), I'm looking forward to future events and want to make sure all who want invites get them.

• If you need a hand working on your bike, chances are someone on the list has done what you're doing and is willing to lend a hand or give some helpful advice. Send out a quick shout out.

You decide to ride when you get home from work and want to see if anyone else feels like riding. Again, send a breif shout out via email.

EDIT: As of July, 2008, the following are part of the Chicago area members group email list:

0Face, airboss, artistic rider, Big Mar, bjf, blitzer, Breadman, Brooklyn, burnergold2B, cougar8000, daveh, Dave Kaye, evilmedic13, eworth, griff, grnarrowe, GypsyCaravan, Hickey, huk finn, Iowa Bill, joeR6, Jon, lrr308, misalot, Murph, qkslver, rnees, Roadrider, Scotch, Sherman, skifrik, SlowRunner, Stewart, TriggerT, Turvy, usedtobeharley, valetz, VFR Rider, wanderlust, wheatonFJR, wheeldeal72, Yamaduke

Dan, welcome aboard. There are few riders around your area and I drop by at times.

You might want to remove your info from here and put it in to a PM to Larry. never know who is reading it. :)

In an effort to compliment the forum and ensure future single-day Chicagoland events are communicated to EVERY Chicago area member, I'm putting together a group email list. Sometimes people miss posts, however, they're less likely to miss an accompanying email too. Based on how much fun we've had on our first two Chicagoland get togethers (of 10 or more members), I'm looking forward to future events and want to make sure all who want invites get them.

EDIT: As of July, 2008, the following are part of the Chicago area members group email list:

0Face, airboss, artistic rider, Big Mar, bjf, blitzer, Breadman, Brooklyn, burnergold2B, cougar8000, daveh, Dave Kaye, evilmedic13, eworth, griff, grnarrowe, GypsyCaravan, Hickey, huk finn, Iowa Bill, joeR6, Jon, lrr308, misalot, Murph, qkslver, rnees, Roadrider, Scotch, Sherman, skifrik, SlowRunner, Stewart, TriggerT, Turvy, usedtobeharley, valetz, VFR Rider, wanderlust, wheatonFJR, wheeldeal72, Yamaduke

PM sent.

I also sent my info. However seeing as he's last logged in August, I'm not sure its current. If we don't get a response in a few weeks I'd be happy to set something up.

Is thie email list still active ? I did send a PM a while ago with my email id and i do not see much activity here. Hello to everyone in the Chicago forum. Please drop me a note when you go on a ride!

-Muthu

muthus101 at yahoo

I'm a little ways from Chicago, but could make it down for one if it gets put together.
Closest thing to good twisties is SW WI or Galena...so you'd REALLY have to ride. But if somebody puts a parade around Chicago area...I guess that might be doable. :)

After I get back from a weeklong trip with wifey to KY, VA, WV, and OH...I probably post an invite in the midwest section to an all day Saturday or Sunday ride to SW WI. We haven't done one for awhile...

I'm updating and taking over the administration of the Chicago Area FJR Owner's Email List. I'm putting together a spreadsheet with Name, Handle, Email, Address, Phone#, and year of bike. Provide what information you're comfortable with. I'm doing this and creating a gmail account so that it can eventually passed on.

If you would like to be included and have NOT already responded to the email blast I sent out, send me your info at:

ChicagoAreaFJROwners (at) gmail.com

We will:

1. Be Polite in using this email.

2. NOT Reply All unless absolutely necessary.

3. Keep it work safe.

4. Only for FJR related use. NO forwarding jokes, politics, or other.

5. NO SPAM! You will NOT import the contact list for business use or subscribe the members to any nonsense.

6. This is NOT a conversation tool. Use the Forums.

BY ADDING YOURSELF TO THE LIST YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE.

Thanks!