#1 .paul

.paul

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

I told my brother that I was thinking of attending EOM and he said it sounded cool and maybe wants to attend. My question is this: is EOM limited only to FJR owners? He's set on getting a new concourse 14, are there rules against bringing a different bike?

- Paul -
|'14 KTM ADV|
eom07.gif

#2 jwilly

jwilly

Administrator of Drama

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

No sir, There were a few non-fjr's last year! Just let him know not to get upset because he can't keep up!! biggrin.gif

JW

#3 .paul

.paul

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

LOL!!

I'll be sure the pass on the last part tongue.gif

- Paul -
|'14 KTM ADV|
eom07.gif

#4 jwilly

jwilly

Administrator of Drama

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

Just kidding of course, On a serious note other bikes are certainly welcome. Last year there was a couple beemers and a wing that I remember.

JW

#5 JimLor

JimLor

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Bike: 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

He may have to use his new bike as a "demo" bike, but other than that he'd be welcome.
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." - Patrick Henry

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

#6 luvtoride

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

I think that I remember a Honda Shadow... or something cruiser-ish being present last year.

So, your brother is very, very welcome to attend. Come one, come all. Tell him not to be surprised when people ask him to test ride his new bike. I'd sure like to!

I just ask that he register within the website like I've asked all others to do.

When it comes down to it, I need an accurate # of attendees to be sure that we are allowed a large enough conference room.

Heidi

Shut up and Ride!!!

Godspeed TWN. We miss you.

#7 .paul

.paul

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

lol I dunno about demo rides, as he will have just bought the bike, but its good to know nonetheless. tongue.gif

I want to go it seems like a really cool trip - and I'd feel like a sissy if we have members riding down from as far away as Maine and Ontario and I live two hours or so away. I'd better start reading up!

- Paul -
|'14 KTM ADV|
eom07.gif

#8 slapnpop

slapnpop

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(jwilly @ Jul 16 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just kidding of course, On a serious note other bikes are certainly welcome. Last year there was a couple beemers and a wing that I remember.

JW

Yeah, there were. Just don't ask what happened to the 'Wing mid-day saturday... unsure.gif
Things that make you go Vroom

#9 S76

S76

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(slapnpop @ Jul 16 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JW

Yeah, there were. Just don't ask what happened to the 'Wing mid-day saturday... unsure.gif

?????????? What happened to the Wing mid day Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.
Bob

#10 OhioFJR1300

OhioFJR1300

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(S76 @ Jul 16 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JW

?????????? What happened to the Wing mid day Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.

That would have been one of my friends with the Wing. He ended up dumping it and broke a few parts off of it. He was sore, but, he got back on an rode it back to the hotel. He said he was checking what was going on behind him, in his mirror, and we had to make a quick stop as someone stopped to make a left turn in front of us. Next thing he was on his side and sliding down the road. Got to be careful out there. unsure.gif
Rick M 2006 FJR, 2003 Gold Wing
IBA #23947

#11 OHFJR

OHFJR

FJR Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(luvtoride @ Jul 16 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that I remember a Honda Shadow... or something cruiser-ish being present last year.

So, your brother is very, very welcome to attend. Come one, come all. Tell him not to be surprised when people ask him to test ride his new bike. I'd sure like to!

I just ask that he register within the website like I've asked all others to do.

When it comes down to it, I need an accurate # of attendees to be sure that we are allowed a large enough conference room.

Heidi

That was actually a VTX 1800 that my friend brought down and I have to say he was able to keep with us through the hardest twisties, even though he did grind his pegs alot more then we did. He's planning on a return trip this year, so tell your brother to bring down the C-14. He'll get a lot of attention from this crowd!

#12 Fencer

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

Oh Great, We already have a Beemer GT listed and Now a Connie. Whats next an St 1300 then a Norge? ph34r.gif

Man, you let ONE in and the Hood goes to crap!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

"Win if you can, Lose if you must, But ALWAYS cheat" - Jesse THE GOVNA Ventura
"If you POKE it, You Own It" - Man Law
Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't mean you've been doing it correctly, just go ask your wife!
CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK I'M A DICK IBA #27660

#13 luvtoride

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(OhioFJR1300 @ Jul 16 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(S76 @ Jul 16 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JW

That would have been one of my friends with the Wing. He ended up dumping it and broke a few parts off of it. He was sore, but, he got back on an rode it back to the hotel. He said he was checking what was going on behind him, in his mirror, and we had to make a quick stop as someone stopped to make a left turn in front of us. Next thing he was on his side and sliding down the road. Got to be careful out there. unsure.gif

That guy sure was lucky as hell! What did he have on.. boat shoes w/o socks? I am surprised that he didn't grind the skin on his ankles off... or worse. If I remember correctly, he was pinned under the bike.
Shut up and Ride!!!

Godspeed TWN. We miss you.

#14 Geezer

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

There was at least one Warrior at EOM last year, and a Triumph. We made those guys park behind the shrubbery so nobody could see them.
'Frodo, It's a dangerous business, going out one's front door'