Winter time fun

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBFJR

Reaction score
Well,

Winter has not been too kind recently in the Memphis area (home of dead Elvis) with lots of rain and cold, so last night I put the space heater in the garage and decided to tackle some farkles/mods I'd had on my "to do" list for a while. Read the sticky and laughed my ass off about moving the bars from two guys that need to try de-caf, installed my Wild Bills hiway pegs, and adjusted my fairings so I'd be warmer (or cooler, depending on your perception).

My take-away from the whole experience was, this forum is GREAT for helping the average guy twist a wrench on this wonderful machine. Mine is set pretty much exactly as I would like, and advice from here pointed me in the right direction.

So tonights 38 degree ride showed me the fairings out ARE warmer, bars back are great for me (whopping 5'8"), and I love the Wild Bills for an alternate position when riding down the hiway with the Breakaway throttle lock engaged. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, farkles.

Bob

Well,
Winter has not been too kind recently in the Memphis area (home of dead Elvis) with lots of rain and cold, so last night I put the space heater in the garage and decided to tackle some farkles/mods I'd had on my "to do" list for a while. Read the sticky and laughed my ass off about moving the bars from two guys that need to try de-caf, installed my Wild Bills hiway pegs, and adjusted my fairings so I'd be warmer (or cooler, depending on your perception).

My take-away from the whole experience was, this forum is GREAT for helping the average guy twist a wrench on this wonderful machine. Mine is set pretty much exactly as I would like, and advice from here pointed me in the right direction.

So tonights 38 degree ride showed me the fairings out ARE warmer, bars back are great for me (whopping 5'8"), and I love the Wild Bills for an alternate position when riding down the hiway with the Breakaway throttle lock engaged. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, farkles.

Bob
It's a great feeling isn't it.... winter is a little more... well... winter here. I am looking forward to pimpin' my ride with some nice farkles over the next few months.

Richard

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, farkles.
Bob
:yahoo: Welcome to "the dark side". :yahoo:

FARKLE-ITIS...and there is no known cure or vaccine! Now that you've been assimilated, you will have an almost uncontrollable desire to buy more, install more, purchase things you don't really need but.....well, because you can.....and they are soooo kewel! You will soon be on first name basis with your bank. They will increase your credit limit on your card because you are so active. You will discover the need to load your bike and take 450 mile day trips, 1000-1500 mile weekends on back roads........your heart will be telling you to head for Colorado in July and attend NAFO.

All because you installed your first farkles.

:clapping: Welcome to the club! :clapping:

Edit: Sooo, Richard, are you heading to Colorado or Nova Scotia for CFR: Canadian FJR Rally?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, we need to get together for a ride some sunday. i live about an hour north of you, up here in tipton county

I found that with my "warmer flaps" or whatever they call those things, in the out position I have trouble getting my feet on my ML's Highway Pegs. Not that I want my feet hanging out there in the cold much anyway.

List of farkles to install and wire over the winter:

Install Skyway LittleLite mount

Wire in new heated Russell seat

Move current GPS mount up on to dash shelf and mount external GPS antenna

Install Smartire tire-pressure monitoring after removing from Harley

Mount Harley Road-Tech XM receiver after removing from Harley

Purchase/install top-case (brand TBD)

Purchase/install new comm system (brand TBD)

Purchase/install Motolights

Purchase/install Datel voltmeter

Purchase/install Warm-n-safe dual controller hardwired

Purchase/install grip warmers

Purchase/install cruise control

Now, where did I put that extra box of time??