Where is the Inlet Air Temperature Sensor on 06AE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBSMST

Reaction score
Hi,

Going to try a Nitro X module on the 2006 AE. I have to insert two wires (loops) into the Air Temp sensor. Where is the sensor? My manual shows it by the engine. Do I get to it under the tank or under the seat?

Just thought I would ask as it would be easier to start in the right place as opposed to go look in both.

Thanks!

the Air Temp sensor. Where is the sensor?

FJR-mysteryConn.jpg

Upon review of the subject line, however, sounds like you are actually after the location of the Air Intake Temperature sensor.....yes? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,

It would be the air intake temp sensor. The module I have is supposed to send different signals to the ECU to reduce or increase HP. Similar to the PCIII except that it is 25% the cost and it uses 4 switches for 15 possible programs and it is not plug and play. I have to connect the module wires into the connector for the sensor.

According to the Yamaha Parts Catalog (linked here), there are 2 sensors in "Electrical #1. I don't know which you need.

1 looks like its under the seat: 5FL-85790-00-00 THERMOSENSOR ASSY

1 is up by the injector assembly: 8CC-85790-01-00 THERMOSENSOR ASSY

I don't have a shop manual for the '07.

Found it! You can see it by removing the rider's seat. It is dead center right in front of where the seat lip/tounge goes into when you have it in the low position.

You unplug it by pinching it. No flat screw driver necessary.

I will post pictures of it along with the Nitro X.

The Butt Dyno tells me it works. Less power in the fuel saving mode and more in the power mode. 15 settings in all, will try the one that suits me best over the next few months. $57 shipped to my door. Once I figured out how to unplug the sensor plug and where to mount it I was done. Literally a 2 minute install if you've done it before. 5 if you have not.

Picture of the sensor (I simply unplugged the plug by pinching it and pulling lightly).

5197CIMG5832.JPG

5197CIMG5834.JPG

NITRO X Plugged in:

5197CIMG5833.JPG

5197CIMG5835.JPG

FINAL RESTING PLACE FOR NITRO (EASY ACCESS)

5197CIMG5836.JPG