The Secret SV-650/1000 Suzuki Owners Society

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00043.jpg

and

svstripes.jpg

I'm headed to Jennings GP for my first track day with the SV tomorrow. :yahoo: It's going to be a blast. I'll post up a few pics when I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I bought my FJR about three weeks after I got out of the hospital with a triple fractured pelvis. Ouch. Oh well my insurance paid for about half of it.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Would ya believe that the insurance company totaled it?????

Nothing directly. I've read a lot about them as well as the Aprilia RSV1000. I've also read a ton about the new Buell and sat on all of them and ridden none of them . . . yet. The Aprilia is very, very focused. The RC is faster, heavier, and thirstier. More focused than the SV as well. Still trying to figure out where the new 1125 Buell fits in. I'd ride any of them in a heart beat.
Cross post from Honda-Tech:

Most of the people on that forum nut swing from the big 4 so they a bias against the Buell for no good reason. This person, eg9beast was talking about the new 1125

» I saw the bike a few months ago and hop on it for a little ride.

tell you guys the truth i wasnt impress at all yes it look nice but it sound like shit

pretty beefy for a little bike

the sale man told me they call it the ducati killer

i just laugh at him =D
No scare?

Also, you're right the Buell is the heaviest V-Twin of the bunch - oh wait, no it's not.

Fail.

Ducati 1098 - 381 lbs

Suzuki SV1000s - 410 lbs

Aprilia RSV1000R - 416 lbs

Honda RC51 - 439 lbs

Buell 1125R - 375 lbs
Also, I had no idea this many forum members had SV's and all this time I thought i was crazy for sort of cross shopping the two bikes (FJR & SV). I had wanted a SV much longer than I wanted a FJR.

FYI. This stuff makes great chain lube, is cheap and available all over the place. Safe for O-ring chains.
https://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-...-chain-lube.htm

Gunny that stuff. Best chain lube going and it is not messy like just about every other chain lube around.

I get mine at Lowe's Home Improvement.

Where else would you look for good chain lube, eh? :blink:

Funny thing. You can't get this stuff here in Canada. I took a road trip to a Lowe's in Port Huron Michigan just to stock up. The things bikers do just to pamper their toys eh?

I just finished my first track day on the SV (or any other bike for that matter) and all I can say is WOW! I am spoiled. Riding on the street will never satisfy me ever again. What a trip!

I was riding with a group of R1 owners. Great group of people. Nice of them to let me in. Started out very tentative, but as the day went on I started to get a better feel for the bike and by the end of the day, I was hanging off the bike in the turns, not quite scraping my knee pucks (maybe next time). My tires look mangled. Never thought I'd scrub them up that way. Stock rubber too!

Anyway, definitely recommended. If you get a chance to track your SV, DO IT! More than one person opined to me today that a good track day is better than sex. I would have to agree that it can be a very close second, and on some days, maybe even better!

Still on a track day high,

BuilderBob

Well, the SV isn't mine, it's my wifes, but I must admit to stealing it on occasion. Wife is waiting for the day when she can steal the FJR.

Here are both of them while at our cabin in Alabama.

P1011964.sized.jpg