The Secret SV-650/1000 Suzuki Owners Society

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smilies-41345.png

...could be the most fun bike I have ever owned. It never ceases to make me smile. It is just "too much fun" as a friend once stated.

P1020218.jpg

P1020214.jpg

P1020210.jpg

"Whole lotta things that I never done, but I ain't never had too much fun." Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen

I did have a 1999 SV650, though. Sold it when I bought my FJR. Both are great machines.

So is "this secret society " thing really a Harley Davidson /Ducati/VFR V-twin wannabe thing? :grin: ......

So is "this secret society " thing really a Harley Davidson /Ducati/VFR V-twin wannabe thing? :grin: ......
Ducati Monster wannabe maybe, but more practical and at a bargain price. Harleys aren't even in the same species. VFRs are V-4 powered, not twins, apples and oranges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ducati Monster wannabe maybe, but more practical and at a bargain price. Harleys aren't even in the same species. VFRs are V-4 powered, not twins, apples and oranges.
VTR maybe....

Guess the VFR 500 never existed :blink: .....
I think all Hondas with a VF or VFR designation were V-fours. BTW, I owned a Magna (VF750) that was a great bike, wish I hadn't sold it.

VTR maybe....

Guess the VFR 500 never existed :blink: .....
I think all Hondas with a VF or VFR designation were V-fours. BTW, I owned a Magna (VF750) that was a great bike, wish I hadn't sold it.

+1 on the Magna, Honda's best kept secret. I had a '95 that I sold and deeply regret.

95magna-1.jpg

+1 on the Magna, Honda's best kept secret. I had a '95 that I sold and deeply regret.
I had one as well, a 94. It would be a good bike for Honda to revive, only with FI and better brakes next time around.
Only thing that really bothered me was how difficult it was to sync the carbs (screw access) or to re-install them after pulling them off.

Here's mine. Not many mods...Buell pegs, touring windscreen, fenda extenda and a few cosmetic items. The SV has to be in the all-time top ten list for the most "smiles per dollar".

DSC01880.jpg

I just installed a set of Ricor Intiminators in my front fork tubes on my SV-650s and man what a difference they make!!

These are kinda similar to cartridge emulators but do not require the complete disassembly of the fork tube to install.

Just remove the fork tube from the bike, take off end cap, drain oil, remove spring, then insert Intiminator, then spring, washer, and spacer.

You must shorten the spacer to get the correct spring pre-load due to the added length of the Intiminator.

I first read about these over at www.sv-rider.com and also on the adventure rider forum.

sv-rider forum still has a member discount for them.

For more info see this thread - https://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=...ght=intiminator

The front end on the SV now rolls smoothly over bumps and feels more in control in corners.

With the combination of the ZX-10 rear shock and the Intiminators my '04 SV-650s finally rides and handles like it should.

Check 'em out.

I just put Traxxion Dynamics damper rods, emulators, springs & oil in mine. Got the ZX10 shock on the rear as well. I'm nearing completion of a rebuild of a wrecked 2005 SVS (check it out here), so I'm anxious to compare the handling with my previous 2007 stocker. Should be a great improvement.

Great bike. This is an older picture. Now it has a tank protector, Yoshimura muffler, ZX-6R shock, Emulators/springs, front stainless brake lines, good pads, caliper rebuild and Bikemaster Nighthawk bars.

sv_2455.jpg

My 2001 SV650N. My previous touring pony. It is an awesome bike - it has to be, they named a mountain after it...

IMG_2644Medium.jpg

I was looking at picking up an 07 SV650S for my wife but when she sat on it she did not like the riding position. The handle bars were much too low for her liking. How much can the bars be raised with the stock cables and hoses? She would need it raised a couple inches for it to be comfortable for her.

I was looking at picking up an 07 SV650S for my wife but when she sat on it she did not like the riding position. The handle bars were much too low for her liking. How much can the bars be raised with the stock cables and hoses? She would need it raised a couple inches for it to be comfortable for her.
The Naked version has a more upright seating position...may want to try that

Latest posts