Georgia FJR Riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping the riding group is still active. If so, I'd like to join. I'm in Conyers, GA.

Mike

I'd like to join and use the linky...I've enjoyed the roads stumbled upon in, ah, Garcha :rolleyes:

Maybe a few of ya'll will let me crash on a couch or somethin' if/when I ride up to join in the fun

I'm harmless in real life :clapping:

There hasn't been a lot of activity in this thread. However, I am planning an Iron Butt ride leaving from the Conyers / Covington area. 1000 miles in 24 hours. Anyone interested?

There hasn't been a lot of activity in this thread. However, I am planning an Iron Butt ride leaving from the Conyers / Covington area. 1000 miles in 24 hours. Anyone interested?
When? I couldn't do it until mid Sept. at least.

ouch.......thats almost 13 months later, my guess is he already did it.

R
Nope. Not yet. My schedule keeps me from making solid plans plus the lack of a friend to commit to ride with me. I can't do it now...way too hot to enjoy it. September or October might work better as long as it doesn't interfere with college football. :yahoo:

ouch.......thats almost 13 months later, my guess is he already did it.

R
Nope. Not yet. My schedule keeps me from making solid plans plus the lack of a friend to commit to ride with me. I can't do it now...way too hot to enjoy it. September or October might work better as long as it doesn't interfere with college football. :yahoo:
Same here. We're only an hour or so away from each other so we could make it work. What kind of route are you thinking? I'd like to throw some twisties in there somewhere since I have a stock seat which will start getting uncomfortable on long, long stretches of interstate. Were you thinking 500 miles each way there and back or more of a circular route?

I've mapped a few routes that would work. My latest and most genius route ( :rolleyes: ) consisted of two 500 mile loops that started and ended at my house. That way, I could return home after 500 miles to sleep without having to pay for a hotel. Yeah, I'm cheap.

But I also looked at some routes that would take me up to Ohio and back through Tennessee and also a route that almost stretches to Washington D.C. and back. In general, all my routes avoided I-285 like the plague. So I don't have a route set in stone but I did try a scaled back version to Augusta and back just to see if I could take the sitting. I did the math and determined that I would have to make to Augusta and back in five hours. Seems doable but it took me six! I had to stop more than what I thought I would but I could have trimmed the stop times down a bit and made it fine. I have a stock seat too so the pain was a bit surprising even with bead rider seat covers.

I have three kids in school and all three are doing Fall sports so finding an empty day for a Fall ride may be difficult. Stay tuned.

Oh, August 20...I was invited to ride to Birmingham, AL to visit the motorcycle museum @ Barber's Motor Sports park. A simple day trip. I'm planning on going. Feel free to join us. Maybe I should post this ride and invite others because I'm sure I'll be among mostly Harley folks. It would be nice to have some FJR's in the pack.

I've got some friends doing one on Sept. 24th leaving from the Mall of Georgia if you're interested.

if ya'll want some company, let me know. we usually head south when the roads up North get crappy, won't be long now. Pine Mtn and Juliette are both destinations we try to hit once a year. Also, Indian Springs, Madison, Rutledge, etc...lots of cool little towns

Soon to be Feejer. Is the GA group active?
Seeing as I made the last post a year ago...

I'd say no this group isn't active.

It must have something to do with public education and the literacy rate.
Fair assumption Sir!

And I did realize the relative inactivity of posts on this thread. But was hoping that with the previous, old I grant you, activity of PMs etc, perhaps a group of SE GA Feejers had formed and was active outside of this board.

Ah well. There's always some education to be had.