chivvalry

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (blassoff @ Mar 13 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The two dealers I have dealt with locally (and actually like) are Montgomeryville cycle center in Hatfield PA and CycleMax in Honeybrook PA. Cyclemax is a little more low-key (salesguys don't hound you like a dog in heat).

Either one should be fair and reasonable. I know for a fact that cyclemax has at least one lightly used fjr on the floor.

Good luck!!

PS: I'm buying a "new to me" 05 FJR from Mosites in North Huntington...I'll let you know how that works out. They should be in your neighborhood

Thanks much! I'll put them on the list and let me know how the deal in North Huntington goes.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.
2008 FJR1300 - 'Zoe'

#42 FJR2005*01880

FJR2005*01880

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

Cycles128 Beverly MA

#43 Keeper of the seven keys

Keeper of the seven keys

FNG

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

I've bought almost all my bikes from Vetesnik's power sports in Richland center Wisconsin.
Ron Olson is my salesman and he is a great guy to deal with.Vetesnik powersports
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A.
2006 Yamaha YP400 Majesty.
Q: Why are Harley's some of the safest bikes on the road?
A: You can't go fast enough to hurt yourself....

#44 Benjammer

Benjammer

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Bike: 2010 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Can anyone recommend a Dealer in the NW Arkansas area where they had a good experience purchasing a new FJR. (Bentonville, Fayetteville, Harrison, Silaom Springs..ones I know where there are Yamaha Dealers). Thanks.

#45 blassoff

blassoff

Recalcitrant Bastage

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (chivvalry @ Mar 13 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (blassoff @ Mar 13 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The two dealers I have dealt with locally (and actually like) are Montgomeryville cycle center in Hatfield PA and CycleMax in Honeybrook PA. Cyclemax is a little more low-key (salesguys don't hound you like a dog in heat).

Either one should be fair and reasonable. I know for a fact that cyclemax has at least one lightly used fjr on the floor.

Good luck!!

PS: I'm buying a "new to me" 05 FJR from Mosites in North Huntington...I'll let you know how that works out. They should be in your neighborhood

Thanks much! I'll put them on the list and let me know how the deal in North Huntington goes.

Hi I wanted to get back to you about Mosites. Six months, the bike is perfect. Mosites trested me properly. No complaints

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride might accomplish.

AMA 8208XX, VROC 18695,
COG 8108, ROK-SOB
2005 FJR, 2000 VT1100

#46 Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

Retired Postal Worker

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

I have to put my 2 cents in...

Best Yamaha Dealer in the Milwaukee area... Mukwonago Yamaha....

Worst... IMHO... Don and Roys <<< STAY away . Parts guy is a real PIA
06 Tour DeVenture 09 FJR1300AE ABS
Postal Riders of America
Combat Veterans Motorcycle Assn/Gulf war part one Kuwait
Owner of the NFL Green Bay Packers

#47 Mikeysduck

Mikeysduck

FNG

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

I found this dealer lacking:
Palmdale supercycle
Palmdale Ca.93550

First the ignition switch recall. The tech did not tighten the battery terminals. This caused the bike to stall while riding,
Second the grounding recall. I advised the shop supervisor of my bad first experience. The expectation was the detail work would be taken care of. The rear bolt holding down the gas tank was missing the nut. Not critical, but come on guys. I called to complain ... Oh yea it's Monday, their closed. Now I wonder what else they didn't do correctly.

#48 silver spirit

silver spirit

bluesdog

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

This dealer has a well-earned reputation for excellent, fair & friendly service.

PENTICTON YAMAHA AND MARINE

124 SOUTH BEACH DR.
PENTICTON, BC
V2A3W3

Phone
250-492-8300
Fax
250-492-8301

But the manager plays hideous techno-pop 'music' on the store radio... :dribble:

#49 GBranson

GBranson

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Yamaha of Byron
300 Hwy 49 South
Byron,GA 31008

www.yamahaofbyron.com

Ph: 478-654-6760

Fx: 478-654-6103

Frank in service is very good.

#50 deang

deang

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Bike: 2012 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I got my FJR from this dealer and will have them service it as well.

Stone's Snow Sleds
4386 Fairville Maple Ridge Road
Newark, NY 14513

Phone: 315-483-4329
Phone2: 315-331-2053
This is one sweet ride!!

2012 Yamaha FJR1300 - Cobalt Blue, the fastest color to roll off Yamaha's FJR assembly line.
1985 Honda V45 Magna
1978 Honda CX500

#51 Smooth14u2

Smooth14u2

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Does anyone have any information on Texas dealers?
Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. If your not a biker you will not understand - Ride Strong, Ride Safe!

I just gotta be me!

#52 Brobee

Brobee

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

STAY AWAY FROM:

Shawmut Hills Cycles and Sales
2807 Lake Michigan Drive
Grand Rapids, MI 49504

Their service is not only slow but it sucks. I brought my tires in off the bike and they held them overnight to do a tire change and warped my rear rotor by dropping the tire and scuffed my painted rims (to the metal)

When I was looking to buy my 2012, I saw they had one listed on CycleTrader.com, so I inquired about it. Didn't even get a response from these guys!

#53 DennisJ

DennisJ

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Renton Motorcycle Company closed about 4 months ago. Lamphere converted the building into a car showroom for his Honda franchise. Not many cycle shops left in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

I bought my FJR from Adventure Motorsports in Monroe, WA. John Edgar is the head mechanic and has always done great work on my '09.

Adventure Motorsports
17321 Tye Street SE #A
Monroe WA 98272
Phone: 360-805-5550 Fax: 360-805-9550.

#54 RoeckerJ

RoeckerJ

FJR Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Anyone recommend which of these three NW Oregon dealers is best (or least worst...):

1. Cycle Sports - Salem
2. Power Yamaha - Sublimity
3. Lamphere's Beaverton Yamaha

I shudder at the thought of taking my '07 FJR to any of them, but I now need to because of the dreaded clutch disengagement issue. Cripes.

TIA,

Derv

I just bought my '05 from Bob's on memorial day wknd. there is also Sports Plasa in Fairview and Clackamas.
Jeffrey Ryan Roecker
member of STAR Touring and Riding Ch.146

Posted Image

#55 RedPorscheKilla

RedPorscheKilla

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Renton Motorcycle Company closed about 4 months ago. Lamphere converted the building into a car showroom for his Honda franchise. Not many cycle shops left in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

I bought my FJR from Adventure Motorsports in Monroe, WA. John Edgar is the head mechanic and has always done great work on my '09.

Adventure Motorsports
17321 Tye Street SE #A
Monroe WA 98272
Phone: 360-805-5550 Fax: 360-805-9550.

I went to Hinshaw's in Auburn, they've been good to my bikes, something I can't vouch for with Motoplex in Lynnwood. Might be, because I bought a few bikes in Auburn, the best catch I did was my FJR, one of the honchos owned her and so I got me a used bike with the knowledge that all is fine with her..... But I second you, not many dealers left here at the Pacific Northwest!

8287613962_33b5e77a3b_t.jpg   The real "RPK"

Always a dry patch of pavement under your tires "Godspeed"
2007 FJR1300 ABS, 2006 Suzuki C90T, 2011 Suzuki GSX R750 (Previous bikes: 2006 Honda VTX1300, 2010 VStrom 650DL, 2008 Suzuki GSX 650F)
Patriot Guard Riders Washington, West-Central

#56 SeattleTy

SeattleTy

For Man & Machine to become "ONE"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I like working with Enumclaw Yamaha in Washington. They have provided me very good customer service with all my purchases and needs, down to earth and friendly people :)

"The Voyage to Success is through an Ocean of Distractions"

"When life throws you a curve, ride it"

Current Bikes: 2008 Yamaha FJR with Bushtec trailer - 2004 Yamaha R1 street bike with 60,000 miles and counting

Previous Bikes: 2002 Yamaha R6  - 2004 Yamaha R1 track bike - 2006 Honda Goldwing - 2005 FZ6 - 2002 Suzuki TL 1000

#57 warprints

warprints

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

If you are ever in need of a Yamaha dealer in Louisiana, do NOT go to Lafayette Powersports.   They did not even know who made an FJR when I asked about buying one there.   After some discussion with the sales staff, I was told that they are not really interested in motorcycles -- four wheelers, ATVs, and boats are their thing.

#58 Bungie

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

RL Equipment in Verner Ontario, between Sudbury and North Bay.

An exceptional dealer for FJR service. Both the dealer principal and his wife both ride FJR's. I actually feel guilty when I have to bring my bike in somewhere else besides them.

Replaced a brake line at on FJRRob1300's bike on day one of a 3 week trip from stock braided line when NOBODY else would touch it. These guys will get you, and keep you on the road.

100K04CLUB.jpgbanner.gifSWFOG2010.gifNAFO2010.jpgSEOhioRamble.gif

#59 warprints

warprints

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Halls Motorsports in Harvey, Louisiana, has a new 2013 FJR listed on their web site for $13,799.   Gave them a call to see if this was for a bike they actually had.  Was told it was sold last Saturday  but that they can get another at that price.   I then asked if what other charges would be added.   There is a dealer fee, he says .... $1,250.    Say what?   He explained that they list the dealer cost on the web site, and they have to add profit to that.   Hmmmm.   Can someone say deceptive advertising?   What a crock.

#60 RavFJR

RavFJR

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

I found this dealer lacking:
Palmdale supercycle
Palmdale Ca.93550

First the ignition switch recall. The tech did not tighten the battery terminals. This caused the bike to stall while riding,
Second the grounding recall. I advised the shop supervisor of my bad first experience. The expectation was the detail work would be taken care of. The rear bolt holding down the gas tank was missing the nut. Not critical, but come on guys. I called to complain ... Oh yea it's Monday, their closed. Now I wonder what else they didn't do correctly.

The owner of the place lisited above also owns this dealership:

AV Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris

400 W. Avenue I

Lancaster, CA 93534

I bought my FJR from this place... The staff and service folks are unprofessional and untrained. They overcharge for awful service and are usually late on what is promised. Most of the time I had to redo was was serviced on my bike... I mean, how hard is it to statically balance a tire??? They put the weights on the heavy side... The last (warranty) service they performed (replacing my defective fuel tank) took them 3 weeks to do (verses the 4 days promised), they charged me for fuel, and gave me the bike back covered in bird crap... When I gave them a bad review via a received Corporate Yamaha survey, the Service Manager called me and bullied me about my comments...and told me he wasn't going to be as nice to me next time. Well, there won't be a next time... All that read this have been warned - stay away from this dealership!

Edited by RavFJR, 14 November 2013 - 12:10 PM.