Future Success Of Nicky Hayden

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will Nicky Hayden finish out the season?

• This will be his last win for the year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll win a few more races and be a steady front-runner.

• No more wins, but, a consistent front runner.

• More often than not, he'll miss the podium celebration.

• Won't see another podium finish this year.

• Total voters

Randy

Reaction score
I think that he'll do pretty good now that he has a taste of success. Remember how the wins at Laguna Seca sparked a fire under Ben Bostrom when he won the World Superbike races? I see a few more wins before the end of the year.

A better example would be Colin Edwards who won Laguna Seca and then dominated the rest of the season to win the World Superbike Championship!

I'd sure like the kid to win a few more times this year. Colin I'd DEFINITELY like to see hit the podium more often. Hard to say how it's going to all play out.

Wish Hooper and Roberts would get on the box... but I hear tell they are *still* struggling with that MotoGP Suzuki....

Glad to see the racing forum, can never have too much bench racing.

I think the confidence this gave Nicky is immeasurable. He's had to have been frustrated after 2 years of learning new tracks and learning to set up that bike. Now he and everyone knows that he can be as fast as anyone in the world when he gets it all sorted out. Even though I'm sure some detractors will say he only won because he knew the track better than anyone, maybe except Colin. Sure, a lot of the Europeans looked like they never got comfortable, but that's what he's been deling with over there.

I hope we see him on top of the box a lot more now.

As a side note, I like listening to the contrast in Hayden's easy country boy lingo and the Italian guys' broken English. For example; Nicky might say, " Yeah, I got a pretty good start an' jus' tried to put my head down an' cut some good laps for sure."

Rossi might say, " At the begin, I am having a good rhythm, and make some good overtake."

Myself, I live just across the river from Owensboro, KY so almost everyone around here sounds like Nicky.

Nicky has definetly been trying real hard. He has qualified good and started good. Laguna was the exception in which he didn't fade and finshed good. Rossi I think didn't 'put out' at Laguna. Haden & Edwards wern't threats, and when Melandri crashed out, Rossie had it made. Edwards seems to have gotten the handle on the Yammy. The qualifing tires were giving him problems. What ever happens, that gifted 'Elf' Valentino if he stays healthy is bound to come home with the titile. TJ