'13 FJR1300 in Montana....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good, and fair response.
Agreed.

When I originally responded to this thread I was still stinging from a deal gone sour with my friend WheatonFJR where he was definitely misled and narrowly avoided getting cheated on a bike that was clearly not as represented. In hindsight I wish I had been a little more restrained in my initial post.

I will also say that I did not know who the seller was, I always thought of Pterodactyl as being a decent and stand up guy. I was shocked when I found out afterwards. I did not edit my post because if I already said it, there was no point in crawfishing. It was out there.

I would urge both parties to take a step back, try to come to a mutual agreement. I cannot speculate on the expectations or the intentions of either the buyer or the seller. I know we have two folks that have both previously appeared to be honorable and decent members of this forum and others. I would expect that two honest men could arrive at an honest and fair conclusion.
I also agree because what really occurred was a fairly significant difference in opinion as to the bike's condition...which certainly is not unusual. I can't even express an opinion on what I think the answer should be since I have never seen the bike nor was I privy to any communication between the buyer and the seller regarding the condition. However, based on the information provided in this thread by both the buyer and seller I am having a hard time seeing the rationale for the term "Ripped Off" and think a more appropriate title would be "Very Disappointed".

What Skyway did to 20 members of this forum some 10 years ago turned out to be a "rip off", even if he didn't originally intend it to be that way, especially after he failed to follow though on his promise to reimburse everyone after they shipped the already provided items back to him (at their expense). A disagreement about whether a bike is in excellent or average condition is just that...a disagreement...that hopefully can be resolved between the buyer and seller.
Agreed. A more measured description is Disappointed :( Spent most of the morning buffing rust off the Mufflers. I won't be replying to this thread going forward. Just wanted to relay my Lesson Learned and to ask that sellers seriously respect the industry standard terms regarding condition. If it's not Excellent, don't post as such. Me? I jumped too fast, It's on me. Always enjoy tinkering and quiet time with my Bike(s). Let's get busy... Onward.

I am glad to hear both sides of the story, and as was my hope (since I was in the know of who the seller was, and obviously the buyer)to see some measure of closure here.

Ride on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just putting it out there...

Today I shipped a perfectly unblemished set of mufflers from a 2014 FJR via UPS to La Mesa, CA. I pulled them out of my attic last night, I pulled them individually from the box and set them on the kitchen table to examine them. They were dusty from storage but were as far as I could tell, in excellent condition. I paid UPS to re-box them and ship them UPS Ground to La Mesa.

I sincerely hope that these mufflers go some way toward smoothing out the hard feelings of this thread. I hope and believe we have two really good, really decent men who can work this out.

I would REALLY appreciate it if McRide would go back and edit the title of this post. Nobody owes me that but the current title has a very ugly feel to it and as long as that sits there it makes it hard to smooth things out. I know I would not want to be cheated but I sure would not want my integrity insulted either.

Edit: Thank you McRide for the title adjustment. I truly believe this story will have a Happy Ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dear __________ (leader of your choice):

Ya see - I told ya it could be done. The look on your face when I told ya expressed sincere doubt, but I knew I was right and I was. Once further, your actions that I've witnessed solidify my suspicions, those being that you are growing weary. Growing impatient. Growing ignorant. Or not growing at all.

But as it turns out, you were wrong and I am right. Grown men (and women) can indeed discuss matters of disagreement civilly and with decency. They can listen before they vomit and they can be cordial and respectful. They can sincerely apologize, and they can explain themselves. When there is no perfect resolve, others can offer help and resources and contribute to the solution. And in the end, when each has gone as far as they can, they can simply agree to disagree and move on without making it a Jerry Springer video.

Don't tell me you can't because you can. It's right here in black and white. Now - get off your arse and LEAD. That is all.

Sincerely,

Pants."

"Dear __________ (leader of your choice):

Ya see - I told ya it could be done. The look on your face when I told ya expressed sincere doubt, but I knew I was right and I was. Once further, your actions that I've witnessed solidify my suspicions, those being that you are growing weary. Growing impatient. Growing ignorant. Or not growing at all.

But as it turns out, you were wrong and I am right. Grown men (and women) can indeed discuss matters of disagreement civilly and with decency. They can listen before they vomit and they can be cordial and respectful. They can sincerely apologize, and they can explain themselves. When there is no perfect resolve, others can offer help and resources and contribute to the solution. And in the end, when each has gone as far as they can, they can simply agree to disagree and move on without making it a Jerry Springer video.

Don't tell me you can't because you can. It's right here in black and white. Now - get off your arse and LEAD. That is all.

Sincerely,

Pants."
Just putting it out there...
Today I shipped a perfectly unblemished set of mufflers from a 2014 FJR via UPS to La Mesa, CA. I pulled them out of my attic last night, I pulled them individually from the box and set them on the kitchen table to examine them. They were dusty from storage but were as far as I could tell, in excellent condition. I paid UPS to re-box them and ship them UPS Ground to La Mesa.

I sincerely hope that these mufflers go some way toward smoothing out the hard feelings of this thread. I hope and believe we have two really good, really decent men who can work this out.

I would REALLY appreciate it if McRide would go back and edit the title of this post. Nobody owes me that but the current title has a very ugly feel to it and as long as that sits there it makes it hard to smooth things out. I know I would not want to be cheated but I sure would not want my integrity insulted either.

Edit: Thank you McRide for the title adjustment. I truly believe this story will have a Happy Ending.
Before meeting the people here on the FJR forums and traveling East and South East on the FJR, I have to admit I've had misconceptions of the people in this area. 35 years ago I spent two years in Fayetteville NC and couldn't wait to get out of the South. In recent years after hitting a couple of SEO Rambles, EOMs, Hooterville rides and becoming friends on these forums, I have to say my misconceptions couldn't have been more wrong. I really regret not making the ride down with Bigjohnsd this winter to meet up with these two fellows. Meeting up one day is definitely on my to-do short list.

Nah, not really. I was just glad that everyone wasn't mad at ME this time!

According to UPS the package should arrive by End of Day on Friday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives on time and undamaged.

I am told the package arrived and the mufflers are in decent shape. I hated to ship them without cleaning them first but I was pressed for time and wanted to get them delivered as quickly as possible.

This isn't a Love Story and it isn't a Disney Movie but I still hope for a Happy Ending. I wish both parties the best of luck moving forward.