• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR in Jacksonville FL,tons of upgrades

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nesurfer99

Reaction score
No clue how to insert photos. See my Craigslist ad at https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/fernandina-beach-2005-yamaha-fjr-1300/7234271096.html

For sales is my 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300. It has 46.5k miles on it and is loaded with upgrades & accessories.

Asking $3500

This is a legendary touring bike that has been configured for the serious rider in mind. It was built for riding, as you'll see from the list of upgrades. I bought it with 42.5k miles on in it Tucson in January and rode it here to Florida, and up and down the Coast, putting on 4k miles this year.

The bike is not comestically perfect. The previous owner did a low speed low side, scratching the fairings and the crankcase protector (see pics). The fairings show some other scratches, as do the panniers. This is reflected in the asking price.The bike is in no way mechanically compromised and rides like a dream. Panniers open and close, go on and off just fine.

Hyperpro suspension front and back
CEE Bailey windshield (FJR has electric windshield)
Holeshot Superbrace Fork Stabilizer
Heated Grips
K&N Air filter
Shorai Lithium Battery
Aftermarket High Beams
Headlight protectors
Garauld TechWorks Highway Pegs
RAM cell phone mount
Battery gauge (looks to be kryakyn LED model)
90 degree valve stems
Yamaha tank bag (with built in USB adapter)
Yamaha pannier bags

Panniers all work off of the ignition key.

It came with Holeshot slip on exhaust and a Power Commander. I have replaced the Holeshot exhaust with the OEM exhaust and disconnected (but not de-installed) the Power Commander. The Power Commander is in place and can be reconnected pretty easily (two connectors). The Holeshot exhaust was too loud for me and I assume the power commander was tuned for that exhaust. The holeshot exhaust (which sounds completely awesome, just loud) comes with the bike.

Maintenance is up to date. Before riding it out here, I put in Castrol semi-synthetic 20w-50 motor oil, K&N oil filter, new plugs, cleaned the air filter, replaced the final drive fluid (mobile 1 75w90 synthetic), put in new coolant, flushed the brake fluid, installed the highway pegs and put on the Bridgestone Battleax sport touring tires.

Test rides for serious riders with cash in hand.

Selling because we're moving full time to Tucson and I already have two other bikes out there. I bought this one for riding on the east coast. If I can't get a decent price, I'll haul it back with me.