2015-01-17 Julian via Borrego Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Inland Empire Sport-Touring Riders invite all Sport-Touring oriented motorcyclists to join us for our next group ride.

Meetup time, location, route, and lunch details.

https://iestr.net/events/rides/2015-01-17-julian-via-borrego-springs/

Please RSVP on the Google+ event page if you can. Either way, we'll be glad to have you join us for this ride.

Feel free to check out past rides on our website. Please also review our Guidelines page to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride.

Thanks for the invite Chameleon but I won't be able to make the ride because of some family obligations this weekend. I will be in town until the end of the month so let me know if anything else comes up.

I wish I didn't have plans already this weekend and could join you. If your up for a suggestion I would not take the freeway from Cajalco to Temecula. A better route is Diamond/Railroad Canyon road thru Hemet to Sage rd (S2). This will meet up with the 79 right before the 371 and skip Temecula completely. Sage road is twisty and alot of fun and saves you 40 miles of boring freeway riding.

ynotride, I'm always up for suggestions, especially good ones like yours. I'm familiar with Sage Rd (R3) and it's a good ride, in spite of the sand/gravel and especially crappy pavement past E Benton Rd. However, taking some backroads to Sage and down it to 79 instead of the freeway adds about an hour...

I'm unavailable on the 24th (out of town on a men's retreat through church), I think I'll pre-ride the route with 03silverbullet on the 17th and re-run it on the 31st. Will definitely need to start earlier so we can make best use of the available daylight.

Last edited by a moderator: