April 27 FJR Forum Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates Ride.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of THE very best rides in the Country ! Safford to Alpine, 165 miles, 427 curves ! On schedule to make this one !
Wolfhound: Robert, glad to hear that you will be riding along with us! Uri sent me a weather link and these two days will be perfect for riding!

BUMP REMINDER: Two days from now on Wednesday 4/27 we are riding The Devil's Highway '666' and staying at The Sportsman's Lodge in Alpine, Arizona.

Weather is fantastic for this trip: Sunny, dry with a 75 hi and 45 low in Alpine; with Phoenix at a 95 hi and a 65 low.  Come on mis Amigos, let's ride ese!!!

Bikes topped off & pointed towards the road . . . See you guys in the morning.

Click & drag the "Little Man" onto 191 & try & find a pic without curves ! There's a spot several miles long without a curve . . .

From beemerdons:

https://maps.google.c...28,5.273437&z=8 SkooterG's map shows the Clifton to Alpine part of '666'!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bikes topped off & pointed towards the road . . . See you guys in the morning.

Click & drag the "Little Man" onto 191 & try & find a pic without curves ! There's a spot several miles long without a curve . . .

From beemerdons:

https://maps.google.c...28,5.273437&z=8 SkooterG's map shows the Clifton to Alpine part of '666'!
+1, Gunny FJRobert. Uri is at my house, spending the night here with Seth and I; we'll drop Seth off at School at 0845 and see you guys in Apache Junction at 0945.

Great ride up and back The Devil's Highway '666'! Six riders rode Arizona State Route 191 and stayed in Alpine: Wolfhound-FJRobert, Steve-Tech Man, Eileen-JetGirl, Uri Schumm-RTBeemerGuy, "Crazey Davey" Cooleman and Papa Chuy Viejo aka Senor Medina "El Burrito Ballerina".

GregM-SkooterG was going to go, in fact he prompted Chuy to post this ride, but he'd forgotten that he had his Needlepoint-Crocheting class on Wednesday and an appointment at the Kokopelli Beauty Salon on Thursday. Group picture at the Morenci Copper Mine Overlook. Ate at La Casa Manana in Safford and the Alpine Grill.

100_0651.jpg

100_0654.jpg

100_0655.jpg

100_0649.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0650.jpg

Steve at speed on his BMW F800GS.

100_0656.jpg

Uri taking a curve on his BMW R1150RT, a twin to my Beemer "Ingrid"!

100_0657.jpg

We ate great on this M/C trip, here is Dave Cooley getting ready to "dig in"!

100_0645.jpg

It got down to freezing at night, the next morning we had to jump start Dave's BMW R1200GS and Eileen's Yamaha FJR. Breakfast at Jerry's in Safford, Arizona.

100_0660.jpg

Looks like another crappy ride and I didn't miss much.

:fuck:

What's up with the two bikes not starting?

You missed one of the best rides ! AWESOME weather & the road was the cleanest I have seen it in years, hardly any crap in the corners on the lower section. A hint of snow along the shoulder between Blue Vista Lookout & Hannagan Meadow.

You missed one of the best rides ! AWESOME weather & the road was the cleanest I have seen it in years, hardly any crap in the corners on the lower section. A hint of snow along the shoulder between Blue Vista Lookout & Hannagan Meadow.
Robert, he is just a BIG PUSSY! The only BIGGER PUSSY on our fine FJR Forum is johnny80s and that is so close it's almost a dead even tie!

It's just as well he wasn't on the ride, at the speeds we six were running at: SkooterG would've been crying like a little girl, or like Bustanut joker!

Ha! That BS coming from the serial bike orderer. So mi bastard step-pappy, which bike are you going to put a deposit down on next, talk about incessantly, and then back out at the last minute?

Oh, and.............

Both batteries were 4+ years old and the temperature was right above freezing!
Still, they should have started.............

Ha! That BS coming from the serial bike orderer. So mi bastard step-pappy, which bike are you going to put a deposit down on next, talk about incessantly, and then back out at the last minute?

Oh, and.............

Eileen-JetGirl and your illegitimate bastard step pappy pushed Dave's R1200GS until I thought I was going to have another heart attack in a vain attempt to start Crazey Davey's Beemer. Then Eileen tried to start her FJR and it would not fire up; we said to hell with trying to bump and jump start the FJR. The Owner of the Sportsman's Lodge had a Power Starter unit, and hooking up the leads to the Quick Charger got both bikes started.

Both batteries were 4+ years old and the temperature was right above freezing!
Still, they should have started.............
Mi Sobrino, your 1st cousin, Enrique "Henry" Garza is going to let his Tio Chuy ride his new BMW K1600GT as soon as he gets it. I want to at least try out the new Beemer six banger before I spend the Super Tenere deposit money like a drunken Irishman!

Speaking of Enrique, why can't you make La Familia proud of you by being more like Henry? Everyone of your family is so very proud of Senor Garza being a City of Mesa Firefighter/EMT! And here you are: An ex-cop! You LEO's worship those Firemen!!!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=137339 Sergeant Ashby, We're riding again this coming Sunday for breakfast. Early roll out with kick stands up at 0700 from Goldfield Chevron in Apache Junction.

For Army veterans like us 0700 is child's play, with SkooterG being a Navy squid he'll never even see 0700!

For Army veterans like us 0700 is child's play, with SkooterG being a Navy squid he'll never even see 0700!
I don't go to bed at 7pm, you old fart.
Hey now, I'll have you know your Papa Chuy stays up until 8pm, I actually stay up until 11pm to see Hawaii Five-O (just that one night though!).