Bad crash in NH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were only 500 ft down the road from where they were staying. So Sad

Last edited by a moderator:
From facts I gather from the news;

A number of riders entered the road 500' from the accident scene traveling the opposite direction of approaching pickup/trailer swerving into their lane.

sadly, numerous riders down from collision with truck/trailer. Feel bad for the families, so tragic.

My opinion, for what it's worth:

Driver 25 years old, not sure how much experience driving such a rig and betting a too short time to brake effectively causing swerving trailer.

The large number of riders entering the roadway from hotel as a pack caused vehicle(s) coming from opposite direction to apply brakes. Long chain pack riding (side by side) usual MO from MC group caused obstruction of opposite travel and the bend in road.

Unfortunate, but both sides may be at fault.

I've been riding for 30 years, and just get a little annoyed in these long chains of riders acting as one vehicle. Domino effect should a deer or vehicle enters their space.

new information on this today:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/defense-lawyer-in-death-of-7-motorcyclists-biker-at-fault/32004941

Apparently a 3rd party accident investigation Co. "Crash Labs" https://thecrashlab.com/ hired by defense lawyer discovered an oncoming motorcycle with alcohol blood level of .135 hit front left tire of truck near center line of roadway and caused the car hauler to travel across oncoming lane without steering control. I certainly believe the truck driver was partially at fault here and should have never been able to be on the road regardless, but I could just imagine coming down the roadway, then all of a sudden seeing the procession of bikes crossing to the oncoming lane. I just hate "pack riding" in my opinion for what it's worth. I wonder it there was limited sight line and there was a curve. Still all motorists should be ready for what should come up on the road ahead!

Guess we'll see how all evidence pans out. My sympathies to all the riders and their families.

I saw the news article about the defense. I suppose it depends on how reliable Crash Labs is and what their reputation is from past performance. I'm certain that there can be more than one interpretation of crash evidence. The real zinger is the blood alcohol level of the one rider. The lesson for me is one that I already knew very well, don't drink until after the day's riding.