BBG Trifecta Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kk3an posted: Have an awesome ride Tony - I'll be watching your trifecta attempt from Pennsylvania!
.... and from suburban Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under 20 hours until departure now. I am sitting at work wondering if I will be ready by 5 am. I have some last minute thoughts about the ride.

Been sick for a week now and I am hoping that once I get out of the rain and humidity, things will get better.

I am thinking that doing this over a holiday weekend might be just plain stupid.

Houston traffic?

The 1st BBG will be tough with construction zones in central Florida. I am hoping to nail down the 1st BBG in 21 hours.

The 2nd BBG I will be relying on NTXFJR with his cruise control on his 1st BBG to set a good pace.

2nd and 3rd BBGs look better as far as traffic and speeds.

Got to go...

If you can't get through Houston before 7 am, then Ride around It. Take the beltway. You were warned.

Good luck. See ya soon

On his 1st bbg leg it looks like he will be passing through Houston around 8:30 pm on Saturday. Hopefully the Houston traffic will smile upon him. He will have to make it through by 11:30 pm to remain on schedule if my numbers are right.

Looks like Tony is under way and making pretty good time on I95. I'll be meeting him in Sonora Tx tonight. Game On!

Holy smokes he is making great time. I might have to have my feej warmed up and on the highway as he passes by just to try and keep up....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="101stpathfinder" data-cid="1366943" data-time="1496132169"><p>

Finished up the ride with a couple hours to spare.<br />

In the saddle 64 of the last 70 hours<br />

Craig knocked out his BBG3000 like it was a SS1000!<br />

Very impressive!</p></blockquote>

Congrats Tony!

Congrats you two on the BBG3000. Dats a lot of sit and twist.

Yippee! Collect your paperwork and get it submitted .... you badass, you.