Cee Bailey windsheild report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is "Light Gray". I agree it looks almost clear in that pic, it only looks tinted when next to the OEM screen or next to the clear Cee Bailey screens. In truth, it is about the same color as the original screen on my 2015.

Dad and I like it because it is just dark enough to be different and perhaps hide scratches, but light enough that you could look through it at night in the rain. Of course, we don't ever look through it, but you get the idea. It has just enough tint to look good, not enough to interfere with the safety of riding the bike.

I had wanted to try the light gray for that bike, I thought the color contrast would be great. Internet pics make it difficult to decide. I just did not want to mess up, it is Dad's bike after all. Fortunately I was able to score that shield on this forum at a good price and it all worked out.

Pop is completely happy with it, I offered to order a new one in the +4 wide, same height. He was NOT in favor. He said, "Don't mess with it anymore. That shield is Perfect."

I bought the largest bottle of cleaner, the refill. It accepts normal windex/409/etc. size sprayers.

The Cee Bailey +2+2 reverse contour in light gray tint is the best windshield we have tried so far on Dad's '07. Pop is completely happy with it, he says "That is the windshield that Yamaha should have put on that bike at the factory." Having ridden that bike with the OEM, a Cee Bailey +2H +4 wide standard contour, and a Cee Bailey +4H +4W reverse contour, I would have to say that this shield is about as close to perfect as we can hope for. We both love it.

You might have been kind enough to include a couple pics though.

I bet it looks like this:[img=[URL="https://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/andrewlewis1/IMG_9214_zps8ea02f4e.jpg%5D"]https://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u366/andrewlewis1/IMG_9214_zps8ea02f4e.jpg][/URL]
Thanks for posting pics Of the outhouse!
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya.
tonguesmiley.gif

I went with the smallest of the CB's on my Gen III. Being rather hobbitish of stature, I've found it to be altogether satisfactory.
I have a smaller CB for summer, 'n a plus 2X2 for the winter. Luv the CBs
punk.gif
I also got a few bottles of their cleaner too. Oh yeah, and a larger CB w/ the reverse flip on the FZ6

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfish, thanks a lot for posting the additional pictures along with your thorough explanation. The light gray tint looks great.

If you're a little taller than normal I've found you don't want too tall of a shield. I use the stock shield during the summer as it's almost always in the down position and it flows great like that. In the cold spring and fall here in MN I run a VStream. I also have a CB +2 stock width and it's a nice smooth shield but prefer stock in summer and V Stream is better coverage in cold.

After pestering redfish and others here, I went with the largest Cee Bailey for my 2014. After working out some buffeting issues resulting in odd behavior, I really like it for winter use. There's no completely still pocket like with some bikes, but it's pretty good. All the way up and I get notable buffeting, but short of that it's great. I have the stock, touring, and CB shields. I'll never put the placebo (original stock) shield back on. Yamaha touring for the warmer 6 months of the year, CB for winter.
Bill L, any chance of getting some photos posted of that shield?

I currently have the stock and Yamaha Touring and feel I need a taller / wider shield for cooler weather than what the Yamaha accessory shield gives. I am 6'2" and sit up on a Russell, so I'm leaning to the tallest Cee Bailey. The complicating factor is they only make the 3rd gen shields with the reverse flip. I've never had very good luck with the flipped shields and wish they had a regular contour one available at the larger sizes.

PM me if you need help with the picture posting / hosting

My wife & I took a 350 miles test ride to try out the new Cee Bailey 2 + 2 reverse flip windshield & general comfort of the bike. It was a lovely sunny 68 degree weather with no wind which is rare in Eastern WA this time of year (meaning no-wind).

First the windshield. For me it was perfect. I could see over the top when fully extended & in the lowest setting it still kept the wind off of my face. The air behind the shield was quite still. On the way home, after darkness set in, I only had a dark visor on my helmet so I rode with helmet visor open with no discomfort from the oncoming air. Perfect! But...it might be a little too short for my tall wife. She felt a little buffeting on her helmet but tolerable. Overall, she said the wind protection for her was 80% better than riding on the Super Tenere with the Cali Sci windshield slid all the way up with the Modstad mount. We also had almost zero feedback noise on our Bluetooth headsets. Okay, fairly successful. We'll ride some more & see. I may buy a 4+ for long rides with her.

We liked the stock seats going the first half of the trip but by the last 1/4 of the trip the stock seats will be replaced. We both had sore tailbones. I'm packing an extra 40#'s which I'm slowly shedding but my wife is not heavy for her 5' 10" height, so her seat won't get better as mine probably will with my anticipated weight loss.

Overall, riding the bike was fantastic. It reminded me how much I missed my '05 after I sold it. It was great doing 70MPH & knowing I had so much reserve power. I'm also glad I spent less than half of what I was considering on a new R1200RT.

We can't wait to ride some more!

Sunday, I took the Super Tenere on a solo 50 mile trip. It still has it's charm too. Best of both worlds.

Thanks for the link. I had been there previously, but they did not have all of those little click-able pictures up when I visited last.

I think I'll go with the bigger 23" size eventually, and may fool around with mechanically increasing the tilt angle backwards at maximum down, a la' Rifle Tuning block on 1st Gens, as that was a successful mod on those.

I just got done ordering the Cee Bailey 23". Will let you know how it pans out. I need the width more than the height compared to the Yamaha touring shield. Hope I did the right thing. ff