Clutch Soak & Canyon Cages

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The Clutch Plates need some TLC but, as I was having a quick <getting up the nerve> glance at the bike, it was clear that the Canyon Cage is likely in the way. Before I add the extra work of removing the Cage, I thought perhaps someone has removed the Clutch Cover Plate through those tight spaces... Any observations are appreciated.

The Clutch Plates need some TLC but, as I was having a quick <getting up the nerve> glance at the bike, it was clear that the Canyon Cage is likely in the way. Before I add the extra work of removing the Cage, I thought perhaps someone has removed the Clutch Cover Plate through those tight spaces... Any observations are appreciated.
Can't help with the canyon cage, but these pics from when I did my '06 may give you some idea.

All tools were set and ready to go for a clutch soak, and I thought <let's just have more more look for something obvious>... lol, found it... I never installed the brass clutch lever bushing when changed out to Pazzo's a few years ago. Quick ride today and all is back to normal.