EOM '12 from New England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had a change in schedules and will not be able to attend EOM this year. :(

We hope you folks get some good weather, 'cause we know you've got some good people attending and great roads to ride. :thumbsup:
That's too bad Fred. I really wanted to make NERDS, but the long NAFO trip ate most of my vacation. EOM became doable, because of the proximity. I am already planning to ride up in the Northeast Kingdom next year. I may have to make a business stop in Colchester, VT. I will try and make that happen at the same time.

We've had a change in schedules and will not be able to attend EOM this year. :(

We hope you folks get some good weather, 'cause we know you've got some good people attending and great roads to ride. :thumbsup:
Bummer! :( I'm susceptible to that too but, my fingers are crossed! Aviation is a Bitch! Especially during Hurricane Season. :unsure:

Fred, that so sucks!
Thanks Heidi.

Maybe we'll have better luck with our schedule next year.

And I really hope that my not coming doesn't have the same effect on the weather it did the last time I missed an EOM (Johnson City! :eek: )

That's too bad Fred. I really wanted to make NERDS, but the long NAFO trip ate most of my vacation. EOM became doable, because of the proximity. I am already planning to ride up in the Northeast Kingdom next year. I may have to make a business stop in Colchester, VT. I will try and make that happen at the same time.
I know what you mean. If it was just the weekend we'd still be in, but to get to the Carolinas is at least a 2 day deal each way. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I think that is where EOM belongs. It just makes it a bit tougher for us Northerners to make it every time. ;)

And be sure to let some of us NERDS know when you'll be up here, Bob. I'm sure we will be able to get together for something.

WhaWhaWhat??? :eek: Not gonna be able to attend? :eek: Sorry to hear it Fred, you guys will be missed...

just send a box of cigars ;)

I'm in Rockville, MD (zip code 20850) with a futon and floor space if somebody needs a place to sleep for a night.

It's a bit over 8 saddle hours to EOM from here, so about half-way for the New Englanders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry you won't be there. Maybe I'll see you at the covered bridges or chowda ride if there is one.

Well hells bells! Sorry to hear that the two of you won't be coming.

*BUMP*

You all still planning on meeting in Wytheville Va on Wednesday night? If so, what lodging are you planning on using and do you mind if a blind squirrel attaches to the group for the ride down on Thursday?
Scott, all of us are planning to meet up & ride the BRP on Thursday morning. As it stands right this minute Bob, Mike (assumption)& Joe are staying in Hillsville on Wednesday night. I'm going to try to get off of work early on Wednesday & Jay & I are planning to stay in Meadows Of Dan on Wednesday night. You are welcome to join us if you'd like. Also, the Blind Squirrel may like to ride Squirrel Spur Rd on the way to the BRP on Thursday morning to meet the mentioned folks.

Heidi

Edited to add: uh new posting while I wrote
Thanks Heidi. My plan was/is to stage in the 58/BRP area. When my buddies and I took our trip in the spring we stayed at the Volunteer Gap Inn. It is quiet, cheap and just yards off the BRP. I am up for anything in the area. Let me know where everyone is staying for the night. I want to make reservations soon to make sure I have a place to stay.

Well hells bells! Sorry to hear that the two of you won't be coming.

*BUMP*

You all still planning on meeting in Wytheville Va on Wednesday night? If so, what lodging are you planning on using and do you mind if a blind squirrel attaches to the group for the ride down on Thursday?
Scott, all of us are planning to meet up & ride the BRP on Thursday morning. As it stands right this minute Bob, Mike (assumption)& Joe are staying in Hillsville on Wednesday night. I'm going to try to get off of work early on Wednesday & Jay & I are planning to stay in Meadows Of Dan on Wednesday night. You are welcome to join us if you'd like. Also, the Blind Squirrel may like to ride Squirrel Spur Rd on the way to the BRP on Thursday morning to meet the mentioned folks.

Heidi

Edited to add: uh new posting while I wrote
Thanks Heidi. My plan was/is to stage in the 58/BRP area. When my buddies and I took our trip in the spring we stayed at the Volunteer Gap Inn. It is quiet, cheap and just yards off the BRP. I am up for anything in the area. Let me know where everyone is staying for the night. I want to make reservations soon to make sure I have a place to stay.
Ooh, that place looks pretty nice! Is it near food & drink? I'm considering the Blue Ridge Motel which is probably a couple of hundred yards from the BRP... It's right on business 58 in Meadows Of Dan. It's nothing special at all... but pretty damn cheap, close to BRP, food & drink. Oh gas... it's close to fuel, too.

Edited to add: I see it's right near Fancy Gap. That is where we plan to meet Bob & the crew.

Sucks to hear, Fred. I'll be heading down to EOM the weekend before to go see my family in SC, so when EOM starts, I'll actually be heading NORTH to attend! :blink:

When are we gonna do another RTE? I'm doing the Mt Washington ride this weekend with the asylum inmates over on ADV.... nobody here on this board bit... <_<

CJ,

As ionbeam mentioned above, we'll probably be doing a NH Covered Bridges ride during the foliage season again. I'm looking at inviting the NER forum folks and making it a dual forum extravaganza.

The last two years I've also led a Sunday ride over to, and up, Mt. Kearsarge to Rollins State Park, and then we make the short hike up the last 1/2 mile to the bald summit. The view is pretty spectacular. It'll probably be on the first weekend in October, weather permitting of course.

Keep an eye on the Northeast section for that announcement

Ooh, that place looks pretty nice! Is it near food & drink? I'm considering the Blue Ridge Motel which is probably a couple of hundred yards from the BRP... It's right on business 58 in Meadows Of Dan. It's nothing special at all... but pretty damn cheap, close to BRP, food & drink. Oh gas... it's close to fuel, too.

Edited to add: I see it's right near Fancy Gap. That is where we plan to meet Bob & the crew.
No food within walking distance, but there is a resturant in Fancy Gap a few miles up the road or in Hillsville.

Scott, will need to speak with Jay. & I don't think we're planning on staying near Hillsville at all... but I may be speaking too soon. Who knows!