• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free: used Yuasu battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Which side is the brake on?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle, WA : floating down the atmospheric river
I have a Yuasa GT14B-4 battery that I removed from my 2006. I am going on a long ride in August and I wanted a new battery as an insurance policy. It is in perfect working order and even sat in a shop for 4 months with no tender waiting for parts delivery held up by Covid lockdowns. It started immediately after that. I bought the bike in 2015 so I know the battery is at least 6 years old. I have always used a battery tender except on multi-day rides. I saw nothing about the battery being replaced in the scant records I received when I bought the bike so it may be the original and may be as much as 15 years old.

After being removed from the bike for two months I attached it to the battery tender. After 30 seconds the LED was flashing green (over 80% charge). After 10 minutes the LED was on solid green (storage mode). This is identical to the behavior of the new battery. Battery voltage measured 13.2 VDC when disconnected.

I live in Seattle. If you want to pick it up just send me a PM.