Givi E55 vs V47 Tech

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious capacity difference, since I now have both, I thought I'd compare. E55 nicely lined. V47 unlined and rough inside. Externally the E55 is more nicely finished, while the V47 looks a little cheaper, but a lot better suited for the lines of the FJR. TheV47 has a cheap sticker on the exterior for your name and info. I could see it being useful but it looks like crap and would peel at the first dampness, as its paper, not vinyl. The big test- if your wife could use more back seat room, does moving from the E55 to a smaller Givi give her a little more lean back room? No. It's exactly the same, only the hinges (and thingies to set the case on if you store it on end) are closer together, so on his one (the V47) installing the Givi backrest is a must unless she's got one hell of a back pad on her riding jacket. So essentially, a net loss in passenger room. But a fine looking case that secures to the SR357 as readily as the E55 did.