Grand Canyon / June 2023

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusorelius

Reaction score
Hey Friends! The Duchess & I rode to the South Rim, Grand Canyon last week. Mild June weather, we got this trip in before the Arizona heat has kicked in for the summer.
BTW avoid Interstate 40 between Kingman to Seligman. Major pothole problems. One sent us flying in the air at 80 mph and another hard hit broke my fork seal cap & needs repair of it and the seal now ( lucky it isn't leaking bad yet). Take old route 66 about 5 miles west of Ash Fork (Crookton rd) and it takes u into kingman (going west from Williams). They have crews patching the potholes, we went into 1 lane 4 times, but it really isn't going to be repaved for 2 years. Other then that we had a great time! Here's the video....

You may have noticed very few people at this south rim spot we went to at the start of the peak visitor season. There were a lot of people at the canyon that day. (took us nearly a half hour to get in the entrance station, 5 lines open).
Send me a message if u want to know how to get to this uncrowded sort of secret area not far from the crowds at the main viewing area, Mather point and the hotels.