Harley Davidson Mistake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to own my first HD in 55+years of riding. Bought a 2023 Fat Boy in April and within 50-miles the motor start making a loud tapping noise when warmed up above 1500 rpm's.
After months and another 900-miles the dealers service manager finally rode the bike for more than 50-feet and heard the noise. Well, they replaced both cylinders, pistons and heads, says it was caused by out of round pistons? Anyway, driving home from picking the bike up from the service department the noise is even worse now and neither the dealer or factory will return my calls.
So, I'm going to ride it till she blows but within my 100-mile radius of tow service coverage. Next week I'm going to visit the Yamaha dealer and get another FJR for my long rides.
What terrible customer service,..sad to hear a great American symbol treating you this way.
I always wanted a Harley since they retooled to the EVO engine in 1984.
Used to ride with 20+ SAE bikers (HD,BSA,Norton,Triumph) in the 70's.
Being the only metric rider (Honda 500/4) that always made me parts runner during our weekend getaways 'cause I never breakdown.
PS...I'd ride that thing to Milwaukee HQ and do a sit in with media coverage---They OWE you.

I have two friends that bought 2023 Indian Pursuits. Beautiful bikes, great touring setup. The first one made it 30 miles before his electrical system went crazy. He drove it back to the dealership and rode home on the back of my Goldwing. Bad stator and it damaged other stuff. Dealer replaced all parts in a week and it seems good now. Dealer was excellent, but man it's hard to have your $39,000 new bike only last 25 miles.

Other friend bought a new Pursuit a couple of weeks ago. Bad seam in radiator, leaking antifreeze within 19 miles of riding it home. Dealer great and waiting for new radiator to come in.