hello from the new guy!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ottawa, IL about 90 mi SW of Chicago. I'd been a BMW rider for 40 years, but since I moved down here, the nearest BMW dealer is a long haul, so I thought, "let's buy this nice '06 FJR." Turns out none of the dealerships want to service an "older model," but here I am, enjoying the bike and the local riding, and I'll figure out out service in the spring. With a little luck I can finally retire more than the "semi" version and hit the road next summer. Cheers, mates!

Easy to maintain and not much repair is needed! Very reliable bikes. Check that any recalls have been done. Only specific issue to watch for is electrical grounding junctions known as "spiders" on the forum. Lots of help available here.

Welcome from New Brunswick, Canada.

Welcome!! I imagine you won't need a Yamaha dealership to keep this bike on the road as much as a BMW. Still, stinks that they won't touch older bikes... my local dealer isn't picky like that.

Easy to maintain and not much repair is needed! Very reliable bikes. Check that any recalls have been done. Only specific issue to watch for is electrical grounding junctions known as "spiders" on the forum. Lots of help available here.

Welcome from New Brunswick, Canada.
Thanx, and about what I suspected; eg not much to "maintain," tho I think I ought try and find someone to change all the fluids and such come spring. And FWIW to anyone but me, the rear RP2, tho the tread is still acceptable, is from 06/2014, and the front, with VG tread is 2012! I think I'll be ok till the snow gets deep here in N. IL, But new tires in the spring, and then all the minor league baseball, Moto rallies, and county fairs I can find! Cheers, and thanx to all. Ride safe, mates!
PS ISO one Scene P3 light. I'll pay shipping and ur price. see attachment, pls

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpeg
    IMG_4535.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0